The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Van to me t5.1 2014 dpf sensor missing.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benjikona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Van to me t5.1 2014 dpf sensor missing.
    Posted: 11 Aug 19 at 19:00
Hello first post on this forum.

Bought van on Friday and have noticed a smell of fumes in the cab. After investigating the dpf I have found that there is either a pipe, sensor or possibly just a blanking plug missing, on the first part of the dpf after it joins to the manifold, next to this empty hole there is what I believe to be a sensor with a black plug which is plugged in under the windscreen

Had a good look around and can't see any connections that are missing a sensor or any pipework hanging.

Does anyone have a clue what might be missing from this hole?

Thankyou
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 19 at 02:19
I thought there was usually a sensor before and after the DPF and this was how the CU knew it was time to regenerate (burn off the accumulated soot).  Are you saying there is a sensor that is not screwed into the exhaust just before the DPF ?

I have an exhaust leak on my 2.5L engine, it is where the turbo bolts onto the exhaust manifold.  I have had this fixed once before, but it is leaking again.  I believe this leak is not uncommon.
benjikona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benjikona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 19 at 06:07
There are two threaded holes at the top end of my dpf one has a sensor the other is just a empty hole pumping out exhaust fumes.
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 19 at 11:49
Which engine ?
benjikona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benjikona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 19 at 18:23
2.0 diesel 114ps blue motion
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 19 at 03:37
Sorry, mines a 2006 2.5L 128Kw, so having a look at mine isn't going to help much :(
benjikona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote benjikona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 19 at 09:10
No problem thankyou for the help, it's in the garage now so I will post the findings if it helps anyone.

Cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply