The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEW T5.1 PROBS AGAIN!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote advance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEW T5.1 PROBS AGAIN!!!
    Posted: 24 Sep 10 at 21:58
HI GUYS
pulled up tonight and could smell fuel bad,opened the bonet and there is fuel every were.
alternatoer was smoking from inside.

turns out no 2 injector has a hole in the pressure pipe .comon fault was told

4 new pipes ,software download,and guess what!!the pipes went back order today!!!

turns out the idle is causing vibrations in the pipes ,new software smooths the idle out and lowers thew power down!!!!!!
its underpowered as it is (2.0 104 ) my old 19 tdi 104 would piss this off no probs
out of 6 k mls its been in the dealer 12 times for faults,wish it would just self combust!!

and its a 10 plate!!

time to reject one thinksSleepy

energysolutions View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 10 at 22:15
Originally posted by advance advance wrote:

HI GUYS
pulled up tonight and could smell fuel bad,opened the bonet and there is fuel every were.

4 new pipes ,software download,and guess what!!the pipes went back order today!!!

turns out the idle is causing vibrations in the pipes ,new software smooths the idle out and lowers thew power down!!!!!!
its underpowered as it is (2.0 104 ) my old 19 tdi 104 would piss this off no probs
out of 6 k mls its been in the dealer 12 times for faults,wish it would just self combust!!

and its a 10 plate!!

Thats truly shocking!Confused

To remap the power down in the van to cure an issue is outrageous. There are stories of dealers rejecting warranty claims because vans had been remapped (more power) but yet they remap them down and expect Joe Public to simply accept it?

Whichever model/power output I purchased I would expect 140 or whatever I had payed for, not simply what VW can make it run properly at eg 120/130

It doesnt inspire confidenceThumbs Down

Edited by energysolutions - 24 Sep 10 at 22:17
!!Never Eat Yellow Snow!!
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 10 at 08:12

HI GUYS

and its a 10 plate!!

Hi Advance.... sorry to hear this as i have a 10 plate T5.1. which dealer do you use??
.... how did you come to buy a T5.1???  the last time i read your posts you were criticising them on the basis of loan vans while your 1.9 was being fixed. There's one hell of a salesman somewhere in Devon!!

Edited by kawolsky - 25 Sep 10 at 08:25
advance View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote advance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 10 at 21:46
i rejected the van i had and got a full refund plus they did me a discount i couldnt refuse,plus some extras thrown in.thought the loan van was just a bad un
wish i had stuck to my guns and bought a transit,i change 3 years anyway

Edited by advance - 26 Sep 10 at 08:45
tweeky View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 10 at 22:44
hi sorry to hear about your van
i work on vw vans every day and have ha dealings with the t5gp since they were launched
i havent come across any issues with the injector pipes as yet
i looked into the software update that is carried out at the dealers and it should not reduce the power output in any way
hope you have no more issues with your van
lifes a vw
max5765 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max5765 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 10 at 10:08
Whilst there was fuel everywhere and the alternator was smoking you should have left it running and it just may well have caught fire, problems solved.Wink
MAX c/o www.amf-bruns.de

Take note.....the Blue Moon's Rising.....
GTaye View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 10 at 16:34
And how people thought it would be different with the T5.1...No troublesome 2.5 etc etc etc...

Lets hope these are the fairly simple initial issues of a new van and they all get sorted!
advance View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote advance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 10 at 19:13
Originally posted by tweeky tweeky wrote:

i work on vw vans every day and have ha dealings with the t5gp since they were launched
i looked into the software update that is carried out at the dealers and it should not reduce the power output in any way

they are having vibration isssues,they say the fuel is resonation in the fuel lines and is causing high pressure pipes to hole!!!the update is for affected vehicles,smoothes idle and lowers power delivery!!!
im going to see about a transit this week end.

Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 10 at 19:15

Originally posted by tweeky tweeky wrote:

they are having vibration isssues,they say the fuel is resonation in the fuel lines and is causing high pressure pipes to hole!!!the update is for affected vehicles,smoothes idle and lowers power delivery!!!
im going to see about a transit this week end.

Jeez, things are badShocked

anilkumar89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anilkumar89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 10 at 13:07

my dad has a new 5.1 transporter shuttle 2.0 tdi 140 its now done 15k miles and has developed two problems glow plug light flashes, power loss vw assist came out said its the EGR there getting a quite a few problems with them there is a two week back log so, I’m waiting for the new EGR valve they also performed an ECU update that the service staff said they not sure what’s its for.

the other problem is that when truing the steering a low speeds there is a vibration and it can be felt though the whole of the van told vw about this and they said it was the power steering pump they have changed this and the problem is still there anyone have any idea of what is causing the vibration as its only started recently  

Edited by anilkumar89 - 04 Oct 10 at 14:48
T5.1 transporter shuttle LWB 2.0 TDI 140
The Transporter View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Transporter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 10 at 20:18
And they couldn't wait for the new 2 litre to replace the old 2.5 with all of it's problems.... Glad they got it right this time...Sick
2004 174bhp AXE engine..... Belligerence has been confirmed.
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 10 at 20:22
Originally posted by The Transporter The Transporter wrote:

And they couldn't wait for the new 2 litre to replace the old 2.5 with all of it's problems.... Glad they got it right this time...Sick

Hmmm, true, and its not as though these vans are cheap...........

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anilkumar89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 10 at 21:04

hopefully they will sort out theses problems the EGR seems to be a big problem according to vw assist guy that came out

kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 10 at 21:10
Originally posted by anilkumar89 anilkumar89 wrote:

hopefully they will sort out theses problems the EGR seems to be a big problem according to vw assist guy that came out

WAS IT THIS ?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anilkumar89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 10 at 21:23
that is the light for the DPF
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anilkumar89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 10 at 21:32
what have VW said about your problem and what sort of drriving are you doing is it mostly town ?
 Post Reply Post Reply