The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New owner need some help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 18 at 16:51
Welcome, beautiful van both insidenout great pics keep em coming !ClapSmileWink
LT-45 HIGH TOP + LT-55-BEVERTAIL.Mercedes Atego tilt n slide with lorry loader crane.
hooliganATV View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooliganATV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 18 at 21:24
Originally posted by funky_monkey funky_monkey wrote:

Hi Mate, I've enjoyed reading your post, thought I'd make a few points, I've owned and worked on many old Lt's nearly all have the red light flashing when it shouldn't be, it is for the coolent level, i think it's a problem in the dash rather than the sender on tank. Also not seen many that the windscreen seal doesn't leak. This will rot out you windscreen suround if left. If you take the windscreen out, it's better to cut the rubber from inside and buy a new one, as your probably break it getting it out otherwise. The oil pressure gadge is after market, the Lt just has a buzzer in the dash for no oil pressure. Also I'm considering removing the viscous fan on mine for electric, you gain mpg and small amount of power, but also as in Italy once the rubber came off around the fan on my old fan breaking the fan and sending a blade through the radiator. I managed to remove the rad and roll up the damaged tubes in rad and solder them with a blow torch and plumbing solder from a near by diy store. I recently broken my old van and still have a fuse board if you need it.

thank you very much, i'll get the window out in the summer and get it all rubbed back and treated, if needs be i will cut and weld in replacement metal. i may have to cut and weld in new footwells as they seem pretty bad but may just be surface as i can stick a screwdriver through it yet. 

i have left the fan wiring in place, i think i will fit a electric fan but something substantial that will actually help and also make some proper mounting brackets  hahaha. i haven't heard a buzzer so that's a good thing , i'll be leaving the pressure gage in as its seems to work ok, i'm also going to fit a couple of voltmeters into the spare slots for the van and leisure battery just for a visual reference.
the coolant light went out after i topped it up but again ill drain the system in the summer and run some new coolant through it as it wasn't done on the recent service as they were happy with the colour ( im not). while i'm there i'll get all the fuel lines replaced too. 

Originally posted by lorryloader lorryloader wrote:

Welcome, beautiful van both insidenout great pics keep em coming !ClapSmileWink

thank you, the jobs keep getting added so don't worry i will keep updating but will slow down a bit now as we have a couple of little trips planned so can doing anything major. 

think the next major job is in february when we are going to be going through the hole electrics Dead

i also have a motorbike to build for a competition lol best get my finger out

Edited by hooliganATV - 14 Jan 18 at 21:26
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooliganATV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 18 at 20:17
Just quick update, these arrived.

New cupholders and a bag to go on the roof rack. This will get some.of the less important stuff like outside chairs out the way. It won't be up there all the time at least not while we not using the van but on trips we can clear stuff out up there
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooliganATV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 44 minutes ago at 18:11
So looks like we ready for our first official weekend away as a family. And the van is looking good if I do say so my self.

List of jobs is still growing but taking a break for now

AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 22 minutes ago at 18:33
Have a great weekend mate, bloody chilly down here though.
LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 Aircooled Camper, 98K
1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1997 Disco V8i 158k miles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic