The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Narrow lanes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cableguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Narrow lanes
    Posted: 15 Sep 14 at 10:55
Ok, driving down some very tight lanes near Lulworth in Dorset. Pulled right in tight to the verge(LHD) still managed to drive my big m/t tyres up the side of a car. Other driver hadn't pulled far enough in and I couldn't see how close due to being so high up and wrong hand drive. No damage to mine fortunately, but made me really cautious after. Looking at the width compared to my T3, will have to be more aware.
Canada LT28 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 14 at 12:11
Ouch for the other driver, perhaps. The missus won't drive mine. Too big she says, haha.
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Slow and built to stay that way
87 T3 soon to be a camper
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 14 at 20:41
The width you see on the inside is just about the size on the outside, still surprises me and scares Dearly Beloved. The front is even worse, you can nearly kick out that far.

Not hit anything......    I think I better stop right there.....

There are times when a little window in the bottom of the door would be a boon.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
Cableguy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cableguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 14 at 21:47
You might be on to something there :-)
I do have a clever little extra mirror that I forgot to look in!
Will post a photo of it when I figure out how to post them here.
Cheers
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 14 at 21:55
PM them to me and I will post them if you wish. 

Once you get to grips with the Heavenmans' way of doing things, it is easy enough.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 14 at 21:56
F*****G swear filter. I said, Yrkshrmans'.

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Canada LT28 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 14 at 22:44
Hahahahahahahaha. Someone is a proud northerner, but from my point of view you are all so close together, it is hard to tell you apart Wink

Edited by Canada LT28 - 15 Sep 14 at 22:45
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Slow and built to stay that way
87 T3 soon to be a camper
Rabbit 16v View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbit 16v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 14 at 03:52
Mine tends to scare people onto the shoulder. Perhaps a lift and bigger tyres? More lights on the front?
Chris
1985 LT40 4x4 2.5 TDI
1987 LT28 Florida
1985 LT45 Sülzer D24TI
1992 LT40 4x4 D24t
Cableguy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cableguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 14 at 07:10
A lift??
Struggle to get in as is:-)
Most people do seem to move pretty quickly though!
Will take some pics tonight.
Cheers
Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 14 at 15:02

Get a train horn Ray. Fire that off when people come barrelling toward you at inappropriate speed an it'll give them something to think about :-D

You've got lots of ground clearance for a couple of horns and compressor under the floor !

Back in the slow lane, yeah!
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 14 at 17:58
LOL

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Post Reply Post Reply