The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

N75 Valve

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yzfrichie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: N75 Valve
    Posted: 03 Dec 16 at 21:56
Hi I've got a buzzing noise coming from my dashboard in my 2011 t5 biturbo I think it's the N75 valve can any one tell me if this is the problem would it make the van crap on fuel. Thanks Richard.
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 16 at 16:39
Hi Richard,  the N75 controls the turbo vanes to stop the turbo overboosting.  It's a similar idea to a turbo with a wastegate. 

I don't know anything about the control mechanism for the bi-turbos but if it's the same set up as the old models, the N75 is situated on the bulkhead under the bonnet more or less at the centre. 

They can make some odd groaning noises (sometimes even briefly after you switch off).  Your description of buzzing from behind the dash sounds like something else. 

If the N75 is simply just noisy it shouldn't affect fuel consumption but if it's not working correctly you ought to be getting other symptoms like dash lights on or restricted engine performance.

Always hard to describe sounds I know but if you can post a link to a video of the noise you might get more replies.      
2004 2.5 174
 Post Reply Post Reply