The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Bus Park
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

my 89 velle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crewie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my 89 velle
    Posted: 11 Nov 07 at 18:56
picked this up yesterday and im in love.
late vans rock

its a 1989 velle gl with a 2.1 and 5 speed
power steering and abs,stainless exhaust and koni reds.its also got a full length factory sunroof,i cant wait till summer.
best bit is i found an invoice for a brand new engine in 2004...result.

unfortunately it had a bit of a coming together with a bridge in france  at some point but as im working for a volkswagen restorer at the moment, it should be in for a full repaint and colour code in the next couple of months.

first job to do though is fit a set of avo springs ,its hard work climbing in and out of a stock height bus

the guy i work for has been trying to convince me all day to leave it the original colour, but im not sure.

has anyone else got one this colour ,slammed with big rims etc,so i can get an idea of what it will look like......

sucram View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 07 at 22:30
Nice looking bus, I agree with your work mate it looks great in that colour. 
james72 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 07 at 08:51

Nice Van, don't change the colour

Edited by Minivtec
T3 Multivan 3.0 H6
monsho View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 07 at 09:13
stay gold FTW!
Grantus View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grantus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 07 at 11:31
This baby arrives in 2 weeks.... colour is apparently Gold - not seen her in the flesh, bought it based on the pics, and some decent emails from the current owner.

So Crewie, I  know exactly where you're coming from
Blue 88 MV Caravelle CL Manual

Was White, now Blue 91 MV Single cab Manual (Pritsche)
james72 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 07 at 11:45

Ok so on second look don't think my vans the same colour as yours, it was early, or is just the light  mines flash silver I think.

Still love it

T3 Multivan 3.0 H6
crewie View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crewie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 07 at 19:09
thanks for all the positive comments chaps
ill keep this updated as i work my way through all the stuff i wanna do.
the BBS style rims on minivtec and grantus vans look the nuts,need to get me some of them i reckon.
just looked at your pic minivtec and yours does look the same colour as mine .
its kinda half way between gold and silver, almost a nondescript colour.
seeing your van has made me think i could maybe live with metallic beige 

Edited by crewie
james72 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 07 at 20:05

Beige is the new brown

Tis flash silver just looked it up paint code LP7Y,  Shite photo of mine really bit dull, looks better for a polish and I've now sprayed up the grill and spoiler with some satin black,  makes the all the difference.  I was thinking about colour coding,  but have decided to do the bumpers and planks in satin black to match

Edited by Minivtec
T3 Multivan 3.0 H6
crewie View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crewie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 07 at 20:20
i do like your van .looks really cool.
im gonna have to repair a big crack in my front bumper anyway so i might as well colour code them whilst they are off.

it looks slightly less gold in this picture.

i could do with identifying the paint code as the  sticker on the heater tube is missing and i cant see the paint code sticker under the seat.
Grantus View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grantus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 07 at 11:12
Why cant I see Minivtec's van?

Is it just me? Like, is it in this thread along with Crewie's, or is there something I'm missing?

VWlewis View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VWlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 07 at 11:56
Here it is to download!

You need to "disable Forum Codes to format post" - see check boxes under message box when posting a message!

Edited by VWlewis
Dr. T15 - Took test in a T2, drove a T1, T4, T5 and now run a T3 - and I am not Tee'd off
Grantus View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grantus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 07 at 12:43
Got the pic VWlewis....excellent van!

Now back to the IT issue... I'm gonna "unclick" the "forum code" box in this reply, and see what happens

Grantus View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grantus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 07 at 12:45
Nope.....

Still shows MiniVtec and your posts, with that "broken image" little square, where a pic should be

VWlewis View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VWlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 07 at 12:49
The webspace that MiniVtec uses to host his pics seems to have some restrictions on using the photos - I got blocked when I was trying to upload the pic so maybe it is also linked to your web browser. (I use Mozilla and it works for me)

Dr. T15 - Took test in a T2, drove a T1, T4, T5 and now run a T3 - and I am not Tee'd off
Grantus View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grantus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 07 at 12:54
OK... but I use Firefox...

And I just tried "uploading: the image from my comp, that I "downloaded" from your link....

And it won't work.....

Glad T3's are easier!

VWlewis View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VWlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 07 at 14:03
OK Grantus - time to try another way before bedtime!  - go to his web page here  The reward will be lots of pics!
james72 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 07 at 14:22

Had a simlar problem on another forum not sure why,  picassa web album rubbish bollocks thingy  

T3 Multivan 3.0 H6
crewie View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crewie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 07 at 15:02
dont mess with me, ive got
POWER INJECTION

anyone know if this badge is factory or retro aftermarket tat.
VWlewis View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VWlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 07 at 15:27
Looks like an aftermarket one to me - I've never seen one of these on a T3 before - anyone else confirm this?

Edited by VWlewis
 Post Reply Post Reply