The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Jumble > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MTDi Oil Pump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jockrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MTDi Oil Pump
    Posted: 14 Oct 15 at 17:19
Reconditioned MTDi pump built by Giles Gallie in Toronto in 2010 (at the time he was the most respected guy building these), sealed ever since. Built with consutaltion with Simon baxter with good fuel economy in mind rather than speed. Bought for a T3 TDi conversion that never happened and now I have a T4, needs to go to a good home. Paid £1399 for it according to currency conversion rates at the time, but I realise that this is a little high and would be willing to accept whatever is the going rate for these in current pricing. Boxed and ready to go, never removed from original packaging so is like brand new.
jockrocks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jockrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 15 at 12:01
Looking for £1000ono
jockrocks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jockrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 15 at 11:46
Bump!!!

Needs to go, sensible offers welcome
ob1 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

FOUND IT, IT WAS HIDING!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 15 at 23:01
Fuel pump.... ?
jockrocks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jockrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 15 at 16:50
D'you know what? I don't have a clue- is it oil or fuel?? Hurry up and buy it someone...
Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 15 at 19:12

What make and model/PN?
Do you know how it's been stored since being built? i.e. moisture countermeasures/inhibiting etc
What was done to it during rebuild? Was it refurbished or just serviced?
Does it have a build report/documentation?

Through all this, I'm assuming it's a diesel injection pump Big smile

Back in the slow lane, yeah!
jockrocks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jockrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 15 at 20:50
I'll email Giles Gallie and ask him dude, will report back soon.
jockrocks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jockrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 15 at 20:53
As far as storage goes it's been kept indoors and not even out of the box or wrapping since being built- I had some gear ratios from Performance Diesel in California from the same time which were wrapped in newspaper and sellotape and again never opened, sold them to Mario at MV Engineering a few months back and they were like brand new, no rust or defects.
jockrocks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jockrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 15 at 21:08
I went through some old emails and the pump was rebuilt from an TDi pump and an AAZ pump, it's based around a single piece pulley and 50mm housing if that helps? My donor engine was gonna be a 1Z from a 95 Passat......... And yes diesel injection pump.

If you wanted to see the pump i'd be happy to meet up, or could get Mario at MV Engineering to take a look at it?
jockrocks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jockrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 15 at 18:12
Still got it and needs to go- remember this thing is brand new and ready to go.
jockrocks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jockrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 17 at 21:22
Still have this, it's a shame to have it sat round and no-one using it....

Somebody make me an offer!!
 Post Reply Post Reply