The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MOT tomorrow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StvC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MOT tomorrow
    Posted: 03 Jan 13 at 13:50
Hmm let's see how that goes, after the Eh Team sorted me out with the basics.
Die Deutsche Doppelkabine ist sehr gut. 150bhp planned
StvC View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StvC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 13 at 13:51
oops wrong place -  was in wrong sub-section - sorry.
fatboy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
judge judy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 13 at 19:03
Woot woot! did you sort the n/s bleed nipple Steve?
'83 T3 westy - biguns got it
68 buggy again!- Roger the cat is going to finish it
Syncro, previously known as the scoobyvelle

Shit I need to sell some MORE cars!
StvC View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StvC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 13 at 19:08
No gonna get the part in once it at work and I've found out if I need other parts to get it through. The tester is very pragmatic so he won't let anything through dangerous like but he's not gonna be stupid about things.
Plus the short term plan is not to go far in it yet anyway so just want o get the import papers sorted for which I need an MOT and Insurance. Dubfreeze is the weekend after I go away though so got to find at least one voyage to do before a possible engine swap.

..and thanks mods for moving - blonde.com

Edited by StvC - 03 Jan 13 at 19:10
fatboy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
judge judy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 13 at 19:02
Any news Steve? How much more have you got to do to get it on the road?
'83 T3 westy - biguns got it
68 buggy again!- Roger the cat is going to finish it
Syncro, previously known as the scoobyvelle

Shit I need to sell some MORE cars!
StvC View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StvC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 13 at 21:26
Lol MOT guy did his back in - typical. Gonna get the bleed nipple done now it's at work in the dry so one less thing to fail on. Waiting on news of postage cost for some RHD headlights and get them in too.
If anyone's got any locally, I'd be grateful though to speed things up.
StvC View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StvC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 13 at 10:06
Finally it's in today, expecting brakes need further adjustment and my vaguely placed insulation tape as beam deflectors may not get through. Other than that, hoping for nothing more than the odd split CV boot type fail point - unless they get pinickity about jagged edges on the rusty arches.

Been much longer than planned so very excited!!
StvC View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StvC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 13 at 18:37
Well that went ok, no nasty surprises. Needed some steering rack gaiters - which was odd (x2).

Things I need to sort asap are Number Plate lights....anyone got any spare super local to Wolves ideally....and Head Light LHD to RHD deflectors, do Brickwerks stock these, I read somewhere they might. Failing that, I need a diagram to show where to put my tape as it clearly wasn't right as it still failed apparently.
Don't really want to replace the lights as the van will be doing more miles in Europe than the UK in all probability.

Only other things it needed was the wheel arches taped up, as they had jagged edges and the brakes needed bleeding more, so pretty good result if I can source the above sharpish in time for retest.

StvC View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StvC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 13 at 21:40
Cool, sorted via Brickwerks......lazy of me not to look there first.....I guess all the bods who knew the answer to my question thought so too or they'd have helped. Will update when I have the certificate. LOL

Edited by StvC - 29 May 13 at 21:41
StvC View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StvC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 13 at 11:53

[/URL]

Sweet.......see cure for sharp edges on rusty wheel arches in background. Get in!

LOL

olafson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olafson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 13 at 12:42
You talking to yourself mate... - I know the feeling
StvC View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StvC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 13 at 12:47
Keeps me amused I guess. Time to sort insurance and then the import docs now....cool!
 Post Reply Post Reply