The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Wheel help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Merc steels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youthy giblets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Merc steels
    Posted: 03 Sep 13 at 12:46
Can anyone suggest a good donor to get a set of merc steels off that are a direct fit for T3? Looking for either 15 or 16's as winter wheels
booted View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 13 at 20:03
I got mine from german ebay. Dont know the exact model but i searched for mercedes steel wheels found some pretty quick
youthy giblets View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youthy giblets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 13 at 21:53
What size, what offset and do you need spacers etc? Cheers Jon
booted View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 13 at 07:37
Mine are 8x16 et35 need spacers on the front to get clearance between tyre and wishbone .

Edited by booted - 04 Sep 13 at 08:16
Allanw View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
SYCOPHANTIC TRAINEE WELSHMAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allanw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 13 at 08:11
Merc C Class 7x16 ET31, part number 203 400 1602. they give the correct scrub radius etc, and the offset works out to be just 1mm off the ideal for the width (compared to factory alloys). They actually made my steering lighter than the 14's.

I am going to have the centres pushed out on the rear, lowering the offset, just to get them out closer to the lip (especially after I add the rear flares). You could use longer studs and spacers, if you wanted, but they work perfectly as is.

I brought mine new, but you should be able to find them at breakers over there/Europe etc.

Centre caps came from Van Cafe in the US and I fitted VW stickers.

You can also use 6" X 15" Mercedes rims, part no 203 400 0002 with ET31

Allan :-)

'84 T3 Kombi, EJ25 DOHC, apprentice Viking...

Duct Tape can't fix stupid, but it can MUFFLE the sound.
youthy giblets View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youthy giblets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 13 at 09:19
Thanks guys. Il have a look round my local breakers they always seem to have plenty of mercs in.
AdrianC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 13 at 09:25
Originally posted by booted booted wrote:

Dont know the exact model

The part number'll be stamped into them - the first three digits give the model number.

I thought most Merc rims had M12 holes, and they needed to be drilled to M14 for our vans?
Adrian & Ellie
Zookeeper of a miscellany of motoring silliness, from 0.75bhp to 9ft tall.
Living life on the road in an '88 2.1 Club Joker Hightop.
http://WhereverTheRoadGoes.com
Allanw View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
SYCOPHANTIC TRAINEE WELSHMAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allanw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 13 at 09:30
Originally posted by AdrianC AdrianC wrote:

I thought most Merc rims had M12 holes, and they needed to be drilled to M14 for our vans?

SOme are, but lots are 14mm too. The 16's I gave the details for above are 14mm - all I did was paint them and fit them...

although NOTE: you will need RADIUS seat bolts / nuts - the VW tapered ones don't seat correctly in the Merc wheels - they look ok, but don't have the surface area. Brickwerks have the right ones.

Edited by Allanw - 05 Sep 13 at 01:01
Allan :-)

'84 T3 Kombi, EJ25 DOHC, apprentice Viking...

Duct Tape can't fix stupid, but it can MUFFLE the sound.
booted View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 13 at 10:21
Yep mine are m14
orcecaveman View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orcecaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 13 at 21:38
Part number 1244001002, 7J x 15 H2 ET46 They have a sticker on them with a picture of an estate with T – Model printed underneath. These are higher rated than the saloon car rims.

T3ADICT View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3ADICT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 13 at 16:33

the easy (but not as easy to find) ones are

7x16 et 31  part number A203 400 1602 has to be the best one for me.
they fit great and no spacers.
but not that easy to find cheap.

7x15 et twenty five.  part number A1264002802..
 i have two sets of each...

also got some other 6.5x15 and 7x15(et37) merc steels  i would consider parting with these..

the 16´s have my summer and my winter snow tyres on them so they are not for sale but i "may" think about parting with a set of the 7x15 et twenty five.. rims as i should not be too greedy...lol..

Edited by T3ADICT - 05 Sep 13 at 16:35
WHY T3's.... because they are just so adictive, and having one just aint enough
bobby-gg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobby-gg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 13 at 07:52
just for interest I've gone from a set of 6.5x15 et31 with 235/75 15 offroadstyle tyres, to 7x15 et37 with road pattern 205/65 15 and the steering is alot heavier, I'm going to swap the rims back over to the et31 to hopefully lighting the steering back up!
AdrianC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 13 at 07:55
Originally posted by bobby-gg bobby-gg wrote:

just for interest I've gone from a set of 6.5x15 et31 with 235/75 15 offroadstyle tyres, to 7x15 et37 with road pattern 205/65 15 and the steering is alot heavier, I'm going to swap the rims back over to the et31 to hopefully lighting the steering back up!

That'll be down to the tyre pattern - the chunkies have a lot less rubber in contact with the road.
Adrian & Ellie
Zookeeper of a miscellany of motoring silliness, from 0.75bhp to 9ft tall.
Living life on the road in an '88 2.1 Club Joker Hightop.
http://WhereverTheRoadGoes.com
easy-does-it View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easy-does-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 13 at 20:12
 Shame your so far away, Ive got 4 ,16" steels off a vito ( went straight onto my bay) £40 
.76 Baywindow ..was EJ20T , now going superfly Tdi
gusbang View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gusbang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 13 at 20:45
Originally posted by easy-does-it easy-does-it wrote:

Shame your so far away, Ive got 4 ,16" steels off a vito ( went straight onto my bay) £40 

You selling them?
T3 Doka 2.1MV
easy-does-it View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easy-does-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 13 at 21:18
 Yes mate, didn't look right. i wanted bigger rolling radius on the back, but being a lowered bus the cost of super low profiles for the front (and possible tubbing of the arches) out weighed the scheme of it..
.76 Baywindow ..was EJ20T , now going superfly Tdi
gusbang View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gusbang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 13 at 15:59
Message sent.
T3 Doka 2.1MV
SuperGalen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGalen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 13 at 07:55
Mine are 8x16 et35 need spacers on the front to get clearance between tyre and wishbone .

Edited by booted - 04 Sep 13 at 08:16