The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

lt35 porpshaft bearing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcstuckinmuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lt35 porpshaft bearing
    Posted: 02 Mar 11 at 23:26
Hi all iam back after sorting out the gearlinkage it was a nightmare, i found it was a bush cost me £3  great, perfect gears sweet.
But now i was going to work at 10pm and all of a suden the lt shuduerded and smoke out the back, i could not get any speed without massive vibration, think the centre propshaft bearing has gone has any had this before, i can get all gears forward and reverse,could see any oil leaks but alot of burning rubber, does anybody know what the part number is if it is that,
i had to get the truck off the road, i will go back in daylight to find out whats happened,cheers john

TwoSheds View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwoSheds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 11 at 07:35
Hi jcstuckinmuck
The part number for the intermediate bearing is : 293 521 351 and although the list price was £124ish the last one that I purchased ( last year ) was 65-80 I think. Obtainable from VW Van Centre. Same part number through whole range to 95. Some do get listed on eBay.de ut as you are terminal then VW direct is the way to go? Cheers
jcstuckinmuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcstuckinmuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 11 at 08:14
Thanks for that i will give it a try on ebay.de and do some more hunting around, got to get the lt fixed soon, iam missing it already, when i broke down, i managed to fill the remains of the bearing housing with rope and lots of grease, it took two and half hours to get home 8 miles at 5 mph, kept stopping and adding grease and checking the rope,it did the trick!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply