The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LT35 brake load compensator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LT35 brake load compensator
    Posted: 03 Apr 18 at 16:57
Hello.

New member here and long-time owner of a 55-reg VWLT 35 2.5 TDI, which I use for my business.

I'm by no means an LT enthusiast, but I did specifically choose an LT35 after doing tons of research on the best van to get. I do love the van (vast improvement on my old Transit), and I can understand why people would become enthusiasts, but I'm not mechanically-minded and ultimately it is just a workhorse to me.

The reason I have registered with the forum is because I'm struggling to locate a reasonably priced brake-load compensator, (which needs replacing) and I've become mind-boggled by it all.

I'm resorting to eBay and basically, I'm struggling to understand why it is difficult to source an appropriate part for my van. When I supply my chassis number, most seller replies say that they do not have a suitable part. Even eurocarparts say they don't have one! One or two sellers do have them, but they are an eye-watering £140!

I'm finding it difficult to believe that my van is so unusual that I have to resort to the most expensive part on ebay. I'm also struggling to believe that VW have so many differing variations for a part which I assumed would be pretty standard across the varieties of LT35.

Is anyone able to offer guidance on what I need to look for? Or where I could find one?

If it is of use, my chassis number is :

WV1ZZZ2DZ5H013900

And here is the link to what I'm searching for on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=vw+lt+brake+load+compensator&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xvw+lt+brake+load+.TRS0&_nkw=vw+lt+brake+load+&_sacat=0

I'm not going to pretend that I'm going to become a forum regular or that I have anythng of value to contribute, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

tellytubby View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tellytubby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 18 at 20:08
A 2005 model should have the same regulator as a sprinter - pattern part should be about £60.
ADK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 18 at 12:03
Thanks for the reply.

I'm still encountering the same issue searching for Merc parts so I'm not really any nearer.

Thanks anyway.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tellytubby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 18 at 19:49
Hint

Use the vag part no. To search for a pattern part...

If you have established this is the one you need i.e. you have ABS then juat putting that no. Into ebay will take you to an alternative.
ADK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 18 at 11:40
Again, thanks for your reply.

"If you have established this is the one you need"

This is where I am finding the difficulty.

Using the search facility within various ebay listings, I will get the result that the particular part listed is correct for my van. Which is good.

But when I double-check by looking at the the chassis number, it is not correct. Which is bad.

Then when I contact the seller for confirmation I usually get a 'this part is not suitable' response, or a 'should be ok' type answer.

I'm stuggling to understand why ebay is littered with parts for bus and flat-bed style LT's, but there are none for a pretty standard, 2005, LT van! There are thousands of them on the road.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tellytubby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 18 at 14:53
Try putting your chassis number in here

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/

this should give you the correct original code
ADK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 18 at 16:36
Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated. By using the information you provided, I managed to come across a part which (I am told) is the correct one for my van.

I sourced one at £55, delivered from Germany. I suspect that I'm not allowed to post a link, but it is a company based in Berlin with a UK website.

They seemed a lot more confident and reasonably priced than the Ebay rip-off merchants I contacted.

Thanks very much for your help, hopefully the part is the correct one!

Post Reply Post Reply