The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

lt dash clocks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stu_trousers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lt dash clocks
    Posted: 03 Mar 15 at 10:25
Seen another post, has anyone swapped their clock over to a rev counter? Is it just a plug and play? Please let me know!
asiormax View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asiormax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 15 at 10:29
I did mine it's easy just need to swap them clock's electrics are all the same
VW LT28 2,4TD SVEN HEDIN WESTFALIA

dr-rob View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr-rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 15 at 12:54
I bought an after market one it fits perfect in one of the 3 holes to the left of the main clocks,
little trixie the lt28 [1985]
diva the disco
lucy the land rover
1200 sportster
bike in boxes
so babe iv seen this.... NOOOO...No more projects.... yeah but.... I SAID NOOOO
Bloody mrs
asiormax View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asiormax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 15 at 13:34
I have aftermarket gauges to battery oil pressure and turbo boost and rev counter in place of clock

Rabbit 16v View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbit 16v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 15 at 03:33
Its not plug and play on all models. Mine is an 85 and I needed to add wiring to the alternator. I posted a pin configuration thread a while ago that details what all the pins are for and what needs to be swapped to make a later cluster work in an earlier car.
Chris
1985 LT40 4x4 2.5 TDI
1987 LT28 Florida
1985 LT45 Sülzer D24TI
1992 LT40 4x4 D24t
earthvisitor View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earthvisitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 15 at 21:47
Asiormax any chance of a photo of your gauges in place? What make are they? Cheers, Rob
asiormax View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asiormax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 15 at 22:04
Look on eBay just type in your search 52mm gauge all good apart of rev counter unless you find one for diesel with signal from alternator. I bought one like this and did not work well.
Will post some pictures tomorrow

earthvisitor View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earthvisitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 15 at 08:19
Thanks Asiormax - look forward to the photos. What's the best solution for a diesel Rev counter if the alternator feed version doesn't work well?
Marco12 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marco12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 15 at 18:03
I have a 52mm rev counter ready for instalation to the alternator W pin. I couldn't find the instructions on how to dismantle de dash cover to fix the rev counter to one of the three available holes, and wiring to the alternator.

Any idea on where to find this info?

Thanks!
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 15 at 18:10
There are four screws, one in each corner of the main fascia. The whole lot comes away, then you need to undo wiring speedo etc etc.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
 Post Reply Post Reply