The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LT Conversion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motorvating Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LT Conversion
    Posted: 29 Jun 09 at 22:09
Hi,

I have just bought a Van Neismann Bisch 7 berth motorhome based on a 1982 Volkswagen LT with a 2.4 litre 6 cylinder running gear.

I want to upgrade it to a Turbo Engine, so wonder if this is a viable option, and if so who does the conversions, and what costs are involved.

Edited by Motorvating - 30 Jun 09 at 07:21
tomschute View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomschute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 09 at 17:29
All the info is here, although dispersed. So try the search function.

Basically you have one engine mount to move/replace, you require the one of the donar vehicle. This is due to the placement of the turbo.

You also have some plumbing to sort out - although really not to sure what?

There might be an issue with the oil and temp sensors.

But it has been done so the info is out there!

Other than that I think it's fairly straight forward - well dependant on you compitance. I say this although I still have my donar engine sat under a tarp Embarrassed

People have been fitting TD volvo lumps as they are very similar. Although this route requires then swapping over a few bits from you lump.
tomschute View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomschute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 09 at 17:31
regarding finding someone to do the swap = your on your own there!
drunkenmaster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drunkenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 09 at 18:21
Yeah, be careful who you choose and, if you can, go by word of mouth, I learnt the hard way with my conversion.
1991 LT35E 2.4TD (volvo transplant)
http://ltcamper.blogspot.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply