The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LT 35 Gear Linkage Parts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 13 at 11:09
Hi Madra,thanks will look at these. I am going to replace all purchasable parts as i have the opportunity to actually stand in my empty engine bay so would be silly not to do so. I susposedly had a mechanic replace these on my 45 some years back now but was never a smooth gear change so poss will have to re do these also ! Still you know what they say if you want something done wright do it your self ! Just sickens me to think what he did with the parts i had so much trouble ordering here !Cry
mat_the_cat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 13 at 13:25
Sorry for the delay, but I now have the sample:

The (unused) original VW part is the black one, and a quick check shows it to be within a few tenths of a mm dimensionally to the new part, so am well happy with that. The radius on the outside appears to be visually identical too.

Madra is right, you may well not need anything other than the balls, but I always like to have everything I think I may need when starting a job. I still haven't had a price but will take orders as soon as I have one.
Mid engined, 6 cylinder, turbocharged 2 seater - it can only be a VW LT!
pcracker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcracker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 13 at 13:47
Looking good :-)
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 13 at 21:39
I've got a price for a batch now - they come out at £6 each plus postage. UK 2nd class (from this link) is 69 pence. Europe prices (for Ireland) and costs for a different service are also on the link - I've got plenty of used Jiffy bags I can send them out in so won't charge extra for packaging.

If you send me a PM saying how many you want I will let you know my Paypal email address. If you could make the payment as a gift it means I don't get charged on the transfer, otherwise I'll have to ask for more so I don't lose out!
robbydoo View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 13 at 09:33
Nice one fella I will have 2 please, I still can't get any joy with the long bush tho, everyone round here are saying they are obsolete :(

PM me your PP addy and I'll pop some dosh to you

Will it be the same postage for two or does it double up?

Cheers for all your efforts too :0)
1985 LT40 2.4TD Coach built Pioneer Diamond
1983 1.9DG Autosleeper
pcracker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcracker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 13 at 12:35
Originally posted by robbydoo robbydoo wrote:

Nice one fella I will have 2 please, I still can't get any joy with the long bush tho, everyone round here are saying they are obsolete :( 

Do you mean the short bush Robbydoo? This is the long linkage bush that has been made up.
robbydoo View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 13 at 13:57
Apologies yes I do mean the short one.......I can only get the ball
1983 1.9DG Autosleeper
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 13 at 23:12
Originally posted by robbydoo robbydoo wrote:

Will it be the same postage for two or does it double up?

Postage will be the same for two - I had assumed most people would want a pair!

PMs to be sent shortly; I'll edit this post to keep a track of who has put their name forward now I've got a price.

pcracker x2 (paid)
LTCamper89 x2 (paid)
robbydoo x2 (paid)
volition82 x2 (paid)

Elaine x2 (paid)
jimiD x2 (paid)
peter100 x2 (paid)
lorryloader x2 (paid)
May1982 x2 (paid)

John Baxter (paid)

If people could let me know before this time next Sunday I'll place the order at the beginning of next week. That way it gives those who may not come on here regularly the chance to order some.

Edited by mat_the_cat - 17 Apr 13 at 11:09
robbydoo View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 13 at 17:59
Paid

Thanks again

Smile
1983 1.9DG Autosleeper
peter100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 13 at 22:31
Hi Mat could I have two please and what other parts would I need to complete a full service to the entire gear selector rods.

How do you want me to send the payment, how far are you from Chester as I lodge there with my work.

Cheers Pete 
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 13 at 23:32
Originally posted by Earlier in this thread, Sirrel Earlier in this thread, Sirrel wrote:

Basically if you want to buy the ball on the gearbox end the dealer will tell you that it can only be bought with the shift arm however it is infact the same part as the one on the front (this is mentioned on this site somewhere). The part number for the ball is 015311544 and it can be ordered directly from VW. The bushes that the long linkage rod turns on are part number 281711209 and the bushes on either end of the short rod (the one that runs across the front of the van) are part number 282711119.

In a nutshell, you need two of each part number listed above. The balls are still used on T5s, so no problems there. The short linkage bush now appears to be obsolete, but pcracker's local dealer still had 7 of these (282711119) in stock at the end of February. I'm guessing from his location that it's Ridgeway VW on 01235 76551, so they may be worth a call.

Bear in mind that I haven't yet done the job myself, but there is an excellent write up (with photos) on Madra's blog which is linked to at the bottom of page 2. I'll send a PM with payment details.
lorryloader View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 13 at 16:09
Originally posted by mat_the_cat mat_the_cat wrote:

I've got a price for a batch now - they come out at £6 each plus postage. UK 2nd class (from this link) is 69 pence. Europe prices (for Ireland) and costs for a different service are also on the link - I've got plenty of used Jiffy bags I can send them out in so won't charge extra for packaging.

If you send me a PM saying how many you want I will let you know my Paypal email address. If you could make the payment as a gift it means I don't get charged on the transfer, otherwise I'll have to ask for more so I don't lose out!
Hi Mat, just going through p/p to check how to do this as have not used for quite some time.
When you say gift do you mean the family and friends box to tick ? Also could postage to me here in Ireland be by surface mail as to reduce cost  as all adds extra with the huro !Tongue
May1982 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote May1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 13 at 08:05

Hi there mat_the_cat

I am new to LT35's having bought a camper conversion last year (1987) - its parked up for a 'summer of loving' at the moment (welding mostly but also some mechanical sorting too). Having been reading this thread and it looks like I have the same problems with my gear linkage others are siting (my 1st and reverse is a total pig!).

So planning to refurbish the gear linkage (bushes etc) and hope I am not to late to request a pair of the long linkage bushes you have vey kindly had made!?

Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 13 at 09:22
Lorryloader and May1982, PMs sent!

I've now placed the order but have gone for a few extra, just in case people need them in the future.

Edited by mat_the_cat - 15 Apr 13 at 09:32
lorryloader View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 13 at 16:49
Originally posted by mat_the_cat mat_the_cat wrote:

Lorryloader and May1982, PMs sent!

I've now placed the order but have gone for a few extra, just in case people need them in the future.
Thanks for your PMs, i would have though your list was going to be much longer ! but time will tell and good that you have gone the extra again and looking after all us loyal MK 1 LT owners Clap
Elaine View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 13 at 17:33
Hi there,

Is it wrong to be excited about two long linkage bushes for my VW LT 35 (1990)?  I fear so but I don't care!

I am now on the hunt for yet another obsolete part: the cap for ball headrivet part number 015141319.  I have searched the forum but can't see it mentioned in any of the posts.

I've tried TPS, Crewe VW, Horsham VW, Grays VW, Vintage VW, Classic VW, Listers Coventry.. which were listed as having one in stock but no longer do.  And I've sent an email to VW Commercial..

Has anyone got any ideas that could help me?

Thank you very much

Elaine

Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 13 at 17:57
If you put the part number into this company's search engine it states that they are still available with an 11 day lead time. Worth a try...
Elaine View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 13 at 18:07
Thank you kindly, have put in request.  Fingers crossed..

Elaine
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 13 at 11:11
Everyone has paid now, thanks very much. I've been told that the bushes will be finished next week - I would guess towards the end of the week so should be able to post them out in the week beginning 29th April. I'll update this thread when I receive them.
peter100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 13 at 14:14
Thanks MatThumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>