The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Jumble > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LT 35 2.4 Petrol (1986)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beneedle67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LT 35 2.4 Petrol (1986)
    Posted: 13 Oct 19 at 22:10
Hello All,

Re. LT 35 2.4 Petrol (1986)  

I'm after a coolant reservoir. (rather urgent). The part number on mine is 075 121 405 D.
I notice that whilst searching that there are other part numbers: - 075 121 405 C or G . 
And 075 121 403 and 403 A can be found on the online catalogues.

What I don't know is if these reservoirs are all slightly different or if they are just from different years and would be grateful if anyone can shed any light on that.

I.e would any reservoir with the above part numbers fit my LT?

Also mine seems to have rotted at the top of the main pipe that goes down to the flange. It seems to be rotting from the outside - kinda 'degrading'
I've never come across this problem of plastic rotting and I'm wondering if there is any way of repairing it or any product available to repair the rotting plastic - even if only as a temporary fix whilst I source a replacement

Given that I now see the reservoir is far from readily available, I'd be extremely grateful for any input/thoughts you might have.

Many thanks, Best, Ben
Ben Eedle
Buss Marius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 19 at 22:53
I gues ther are one for the 4syl petrol, and may be Perkins Diesel one for the 6 syl Diesel up to -83 where the coolant reservoir is behind the engine and one from 83 that is mounted on top of the radiator. If therre ar different reservoirs from 83 i would asume it is possible to use any one on a Non turbo LT
87 Karmann LT L 2,4D. 89 T3 Syncro Reimo 1,9TD. 2000 T4 Caravelle TDI
nooberdoober View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nooberdoober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 19 at 19:37
You need to find someone breaking LTs.  There's a few selling their bits on fleabay. Shouldn't be a problem to find a coolant reservoir but make sure you have it checked. They can suffer from old age and get brittle in places.  You can often see quite deep cracks forming around the filler neck that spider out into the surrounding plastic.  If you find a breaker that has a few of your model go pick the best looking one.
I got me a 2.4 straight Six......and it's a soundin JUICY!

1984 LT40 2.4 petrol Coachbuilt Autotrail Motorhome
beneedle67 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beneedle67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 19 at 12:17
Hello Lads,

Thanks for the replies. I've found a couple - not perfect, with hairline cracks.
My manual gives 1.5 bar max pressure - that's quite a lot of pressure. I'm guessing that's the max of the pressure release in the cap. 

Does anyone know the normal working pressure in the coolant system?

Many thanks,
Best, Ben
Ben Eedle
 Post Reply Post Reply