The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for a T4 Campervan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for a T4 Campervan
    Posted: 04 Jun 14 at 09:28
Good morning everyone,

I'm pretty new to this Forum and have read a number of articles, done a lot of research, spoken to a lot of friends and I'm now ready to purchase a nicely converted T4, or a good solid T4 to convert myself.

The problem I'm finding is getting a good one!

E-bay seems to have a lot of scammers and builders van's which under the surface are battered, Auto-Trader does not seem have many at all these days and the other listed via Google Search also do not seem to have much about either.

I'm based in South Cheshire and was just wondering if anyone could help me with finding another source of T4 Vans to look through?

Thanks,

MikeyP
BALDY3260 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BALDY3260 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 14 at 11:52
hi mikey, you could do worse than have a chat with steve at eastfalia, he has this one listed,
http://www.eastfalia.com/detail.aspx?carid=258
regards baldy
'95 T4 syncro multivan '08 fiat500(mrs b's)1968 eriba pan/familia (also mrs b's)
MikeyP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 14 at 13:24
Thanks baldy, I will take a look :-)
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 14 at 13:50
* cough *

Edited by mrhutch - 04 Jun 14 at 13:51
T3 1981 Westy Vanagon - thinks lubricant is a fuel
MikeyP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 14 at 14:43
Is a very good looking van :-)
timmythedog View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

westy fetishist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmythedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 14 at 17:35
You say you've done your research, so have you narrowed down your search to any particular base vehicle? There's a world of difference between a 1991 1.9d, and an 03 2.5tdi, for example. I would be looking at a window van's only, but maybe you don't want windows! Also what's your budget range?

Edited by timmythedog - 04 Jun 14 at 17:36
Syncro doka td
T4 Multivan Generation, 151
89 Caravelle Exclusive 2.1
Caravelle GL AFN tdi
53 plate T4 Panel.888 special x factor.
88 DG Panel(uncut)
calypso Atlantic pop.
MikeyP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 14 at 09:15
Hi Timmythedog,

Many thanks for your input!

Budget wise, all I can say is it a decent amount, I do not want to be getting messages with vans for exactly the amount I have Wink

You are right in that there is plenty of difference between a number of Van's, but in a sense, I'm happy to take a look at all types, Service History and miles more important than age, SWB or LWB's, I would prefer the 2.5TDi, but have heard that the 1.9TDi's seem to have less trouble, I'm not keen though if the engine has been chipped up, body work also important, but not worried by a bit of rust, I'm happy to invest in something that needs a bit of work or an interior sorting out if the price is right. One thing I really don't want is a high roof.

Out of interest, can I ask why you would suggest Window van's only?

Cheers.....
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 14 at 10:00
Originally posted by MikeyP MikeyP wrote:

Out of interest, can I ask why you would suggest Window van's only?

Prolly because windows put in by someone other than the factory can have issues in later life (like the t3's)
T3 1981 Westy Vanagon - thinks lubricant is a fuel
timmythedog View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

westy fetishist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmythedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 14 at 18:41
As above. Smile I think with the T4 it's easier to retro fit windows, but it's not something i've dared to do on mine, and shan't be. Certainly as Hutch says, on a T3 the long term effects can be disastrous and i'm just a plain old snob when it comes to these things!  I'm thinking, for a base vehicle, i'd go for a Caravelle, or if you're doing a "sparce" conversion maybe a Multivan(good head start in the bed department). The windows are in, the trim is in, the sound deadening is in, the spec is good, and it all looks right. It's all the stuff that people spend lots of time and money trying to replicate and it's hard to get it right. Anyway, just a few thoughts. I'm no better qualified to advise or guide than most. 
Syncro doka td
T4 Multivan Generation, 151
89 Caravelle Exclusive 2.1
Caravelle GL AFN tdi
53 plate T4 Panel.888 special x factor.
88 DG Panel(uncut)
calypso Atlantic pop.
 Post Reply Post Reply