The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Long Wheelbase (Shorter Job) LT35

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue_pig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 11 at 21:36
bilge pump?

you gotta keep that!!
1990 LT35 high top LWB stealth windowed drawbridge doored
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 11 at 18:30
Well we do get a lot of rain up here LOL. The panel came from a yacht parts supplier.
Spent all day up at the camper and didn't seem to get much done. Finished the wiring for the leisure batteries and tested it all. Works OK and charges up properly Big smile

then started to make the seating in the back.

More next week

Cheers

Allan Thumbs Up
1995 LT 35 Self Built Camper 2.4 TDI
topsy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 11 at 09:53
sorry al, i didn't get to take pics of our electric as my mate did them for me when i was at work... you're welcome to have a look next time you're passing thoughSmile

it's all looking good, here'shoping it's ready for camping season next yearBig smile
squeak View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squeak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 11 at 13:51
So you wont be having it as a Cab walk through?
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 11 at 17:38
Cheers Squeak. After looking at the pic from last time I thought about lowering the back and your question made my mind up. It's not quite a walk through but I'll be able to access the front area without going outside. Did a couple of hours today and lowered the top edge. Going to put a small door in and will move the leisure battery box forward a couple of inches.

Cheers

Allan Thumbs Up

Speshulbrew View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 11 at 18:12
 vans looking great mate    jimmy Clap
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 11 at 16:32
Cheers Jimmy, it's getting there. Did some more today, continuing on from yesterday. Moved the battery box forward slightly and cut out most of the seat frame.

Also started to put in a divide between the kitchen area and the seating area.

More tomorrow.

Cheers

Allan Thumbs Up

squeak View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squeak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 11 at 04:32
Smile looking good, you will NOT regret giving yourself access from front to back I promise you thatClap
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 11 at 18:15
Cheers Squeak. I was thinking that as I altered it. Did some more today. Finished the L shaped bench, ran out of angle brackets yesterday. Temporarily put up one of the Seitz blind, looks fab if I say so myself Clap.

Made the framework for the single seat.

That's it for a few weeks now.

Cheers

Allan Thumbs Up
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 11 at 15:11
Did some more today. Hopefully will be on the road in the next few weeks. Started the engine after it's been stood a month, fired up first time so was chuffed about that. Put the tops on the seat frames

and with a cover to gain access to the leisure batteries

Took out the divide between the kitchen area and the seating area as the bed wouldn't be long enough for me (I'm 6' 5'').

Also cleaned one side of the roof ready to put the roll out awning up.

More tomorrow

Cheers

Allan Thumbs Up

Mickyfin View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickyfin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 11 at 15:27
Yours is the first LT conversion I have come across, looking forward to your progress. I guess you prefer the space the LT offers over an T3 for example?

Whats that thing to to the gallon?
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 11 at 15:37
Hi Mickyfin. Wifey liked the look of the van, and both its interior size and price suited me. Never thought of any other VW than an LT. Apparently they get 20-25mpg if driven steadily (can't imagine it can be driven any other way LOL).

Cheers

Allan Thumbs Up
Mickyfin View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickyfin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 11 at 15:39
I'm just checking out 0prices of LT's locally now thanks to you lol. Keep up the good work!
Speshulbrew View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 11 at 16:05
vans lookin great Al,am liking the blinds where ja gettem mate?     jimmy
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 11 at 16:52
Hi Jimmy. Got them both off eBay from a caravan breaker. Fly ( and midge LOL) screens and blackout blinds in one. They are made by Seitz blinds.

Cheers

Allan Thumbs Up
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 11 at 14:30
Couldn't do much today because the generator is poorly Cry. Got the wind out awning up though Clap

More soon (when the genny bits turn up)

Allan Thumbs Up

camperdog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camperdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 11 at 06:18
i like the awning.  think the rear kitchen is a nice idea, not sure what its like to live with, with no access at the rear, although i guess it wouldnt be used much.
mat_the_cat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 11 at 09:15
I have to say that personally I like the ability to open up the rear doors on a nice sunny evening...

But that's the beauty of doing your own van conversion - you can build it exactly the way you want it without having to go with whatever the designer think will suit 90% of the market.

I'm enjoying watching your work in progress Allan!
Mid engined, 6 cylinder, turbocharged 2 seater - it can only be a VW LT!
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 11 at 17:54
Cheers Mat and Camperdog.

I've decided to go down a slightly different route for the time being and am going to do the bodywork so the it can have an MOT. Going to get a class 7 test as it seems I can't reclassify it as a camper. Once it's on the road then I'll be able to fetch it up home and work on it there without working to the time constraints I'm under at the moment Angry. Next years test will be a class 4 at a garage round the corner. A bit of what I did today (generator is spot on again Clap)

and some of the horror bits

Obviously still a way to go, hopefully more tomorrow

Cheers

Allan Thumbs Up

BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 11 at 18:45
Did the drivers side this afternoon.

The green stuff is Hammerite anti rust gel. Coated everything in anti rust paint before I left. Still got some fibreglassing to do on both of the bottom of the passenger side wheel arches.

Will do some more next week, weather permitting.

Cheers

Allan Thumbs Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>