The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Long Wheelbase (Shorter Job) LT35

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 10 at 17:56
Done a bit more. Finished off the extra insulation and the paneling.

also fitted a top box from the old camper

More next week weather permiting

Cheers

Allan Thumbs Up
1995 LT 35 Self Built Camper 2.4 TDI
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 10 at 17:29
Started putting my fridge in. Made a base and then cut out some of the panelling and insulation and filled in the gap with ply and duct tape to stop any unwanted draughts later.

Put fridge in temporarily - still to put exterior vents in. Still needs to be wired and plumbed in.

Started making side panel.

Exhaust cover in place

And fitted a Zig unit

More tomorrow hopefully

Cheers

Allan Thumbs Up

Edited by BigAl68 - 01 Oct 10 at 16:16
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 10 at 16:08
Did one of the most important jobs, fitted a radio / CD player and front speakers Clap. Then rain stopped play.

Cheers

Allan Thumbs Up
Keebs67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keebs67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 10 at 22:22
Wow awesome insite. Keep going fella :)
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 10 at 21:14
Thanks Keebs67, it's nice to know somebody other than friends and family have a look in now and again. Did some more this week in between the rain.

Made a plinth for the cooker

Fitted the modified front of a unit from the scrapped caravan

Then braced it to the side wall

And today finished the bracing and started making a plinth to put the waste water container on

More soon

Cheers

Allan Thumbs Up
mat_the_cat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 10 at 22:16
Nope, it's not just friends and family - I'm always interested to see your progress!Thumbs Up
Don't forget to get in there with the waxoyl to stop it going the same way as the old one...
Mid engined, 6 cylinder, turbocharged 2 seater - it can only be a VW LT!
Bassbone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bassbone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 10 at 14:13
Do you happen to have a spare gear stick gaiter?
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 10 at 11:34
P.M.'d you Colin

Cheers

Allan Thumbs Up
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 10 at 16:31
Cut out the front panel for the kitchen unit and put a door on

Also ordered some stuff so I can start on the electrics and water instillation.

Cheers

Allan
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 11 at 18:42
Well it's been 6 months since I did anything on the camper and the first thing I did was take out a load of stuff I put in last year. Having read various bits about other conversions and looking at lots and lots of pictures, I've decided to rearrange the interior. I've panelled the upper part of the interior inside the rear doors and put the sink framework across the rear. The framework will continue right across the back and I'll put the sink/drainer into the corner. Will move the cooker further toward the back and make a bit of storage next to it. The gas bottles and waste water tank will be under the sink and shall be accessible through the rear doors.

More next week

Cheers

Big Al Thumbs Up
topsy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 11 at 19:15
not ready for camping season then!

I like that plan, I'm toying with the idea of changing ours around inside, but not until the back end of the year after many many camping trips (i hope lol)

good luck AL

BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 11 at 17:25
Did some more today. Put in the plinth for the cooker and attached it to the sink part of the kitchen. Can't see it in the pics but I have also cut out the hole for the sink in the worktop. Attached panel on front.

Without the cooker in it's proper place. (That's it on top of the fridge).

With the cooker temporarily in place.

The back of the van now.

More tomorrow

Cheers and thanks for looking

Allan Thumbs Up
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 11 at 17:11
Spent most of yesterday putting the worktop and sink in. When I looked at it on a photo last night I decided it looked Censored so today I took them back out and put a different top in. If our lass has to spend time in there it has to look nice .

Now getting ready to go to Wembley tomorrow to watch the mighty Darlo play Mansfield in the FA Trophy final.

Cheers

Allan Thumbs Up
ringonotts View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringonotts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 11 at 11:50
Looking good. I think you have done the right idea using the rear in that way - very good for getting the gas.
Are you going to put in a boot locker or similar back there too? i wish i had somewhere in the florida to put my dirty boots and wets etc.

I reckon it would be good to be able to empty the toilet (or remove a cassette) from the back doors too - which is possible in the Florida if i add a different toilet.

Keep up the photos - i cant wait to see how it turns out!

Ringo
Huge big LT Florida - its slow but its a Westie!
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 11 at 19:31
Back from Wembley watching the mighty Darlo win with a last minute goal in extra time Clap. Brilliant day out.
Thanks for that Ringo. No I'm putting the gas, spare tyre and waste water container there and a bit of under sink storage.
After finishing my night shift stint I decided that I should have a couple of hours on the van. Main thing was to start up the van as it hasn't been ran since October last year. Cracked open the injector top nuts, turned the engine over till diesel appeared and then re-tightened. Waited till the glow plug light went out and bingo, started first spin. Had a little drive round the compound and everything seems OK.
Also started to fit the middle seat with a 3 point seat belt instead of the lap-belt. More tomorrow with pics.

Cheers

Allan Thumbs Up

BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 11 at 19:15
Spent all day on the van today. Having decided where everything is going I started installing the bits. Cut three holes in the side and fastened in the water filler cap, the 240v hook up connector and the Carver water heater. Fastened a Fiamma water carrier to a base, fitted a water level gizmo to it and connected it to the filler. Also put in a Whale water pump, anti surge device and an in line filter. Fastened in mains fuse box as well. Still all to plumb and wire in yet and a few other bits still to install.

It will be a couple of weeks before the next session.

Cheers

Allan Thumbs Up
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 11 at 17:52
Had another go today. Moved all the water stuff to the back of the van

also had 2 tyres down to the local tyre fitter, will fit them tomorrow hopefully, took a load of off cut timber to the recycling depot and then started fitting the vents for the fridge. I thought the exhaust only I had put on was not brilliant

so put this one on

Will put the bottom one on tomorrow. Ordered hopefully all my wiring stuff yesterday so will get cracked on with that next week as well when it arrives.

Cheers

Allan Thumbs Up

squeak View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squeak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 11 at 10:04
Crackin job mate, it's coming along very niceelyClap
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 11 at 16:24
Cheers Squeak.

Today's installment. Put the bottom vent in.

Put 2 tyres on front, all nicely balanced.

Put in my Sterling B2B charger,

Sterling battery monitor

and Sterling 240v battery charger.

Just need to wire them all up now. I'm just off to get my leisure batteries and some water pipe now and will fit them hopefully next week (why does work always seem to get in the way of fun?)

Cheers

Allan Thumbs Up
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 11 at 20:09
Started on the auxiliary electrics today. Made a box for the leisure batteries

and started wiring them up.

Also got some brackets to mount the awning (obviously the roof needs cleaning)

I'm changing the Zig unit fo a resettable distribution board (with different labels LOL )

More on Wednesday

Cheers

Allan Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>