The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Long Wheelbase (Shorter Job) LT35

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 15 at 21:37

Edited by BigAl68 - 28 May 15 at 23:54
1995 LT 35 Self Built Camper 2.4 TDI
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 15 at 21:38
I'm off Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week. Can pop round any time on those days. Have a look on the previous page (8) about half way down I've put what I did to get my V5 changed, no MOT required.
Speshulbrew View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 15 at 21:55
ok Al  Monday will be ok , i,ll ave a look at page 8 then mate

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 15 at 22:04
just had a look mate, very helpful cheers
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 15 at 22:04
What sort of time mate
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 15 at 22:25
between 11 and 3 Al 
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 15 at 22:27
Volkswagen-LT-35-E-DIESEL
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 15 at 22:29
my old van up for sale on fleabay! Its on for a helluva lot more than i sold it for ha ha! Miss the old girl tho, travelled many miles in her

LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 15 at 00:30
Spesh, I spotted that weeks ago. Mint one.

FB  VoLT

1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 15 at 22:23
Think I've managed to source a tank and sender so saves the chew if trying to fix mine.
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 15 at 18:22
i used your letter for DVLA Al,got my logbook back after 2 weeks,success! They didnt send my pics back tho ha ha! al give you a shout Al bout putting a couple of spots of weld on that minibus seat bolt heads    regards Spesh Clap
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 15 at 18:40
Well done Jim. Think they sent my pics back separately. Just let me know when you want it doing. Won't take long. Might even make you a cuppa 👍
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 15 at 19:49
will do,many thanx Al
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 15 at 10:11
Got some JB Weld Water weld epoxy putty and repaired the hole on the tank. Got another sender unit, this time with 2 pipes coming out of the top,

but couldn't get it to work. After checking for the necessary resistance couldn't get the readings to make sense, I discovered that a small earth strap had corroded away. After a quick clean up and some solder put on its as good as new.

Will get it connected to the camper and check the gauge and wiring is all okay.

Cheers

Allan
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 15 at 17:29
I can see light at the end of the tunnel Clap. Got the gauge wired up and it works

Put the sender back in the tank, put the tank back on, plumbed and wired it up and got the camper fired up. Had a little drive in the compound to make sure the brakes were free and that they still worked Party.

Finished welding the plates inside

Passenger side

Drivers side

Need to tidy the welds with the grinder and do a bit more welding underneath then put everything back together again.

Cheers

Allan Thumbs Up
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 15 at 17:32
......and all in the rain too.Thumbs Up
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 15 at 17:49
Chris, it needed to be done. I start a new job next week that's Monday to Friday 9-5 so will probably only able to work on it on a Saturday morning till it's tested

Edited by BigAl68 - 28 Jul 15 at 17:50
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 15 at 18:55
nice one Al ,glad to see your back on it

fastfish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fastfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 15 at 22:08
Epic...no wonder its a long term one...hrs and hrs and hrs gone into that already I bet..loving the work
Canada LT28 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 15 at 23:45
Does this mean there is hope for my beast?Big smile
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Slow and built to stay that way
87 T3 soon to be a camper
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>