Topic ClosedLater model water tank sensor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Later model water tank sensor
    Posted: 30 Apr 07 at 22:31

I am trying to get my water tank sensor working. Boxerdog kindly sold me this:

it is a bunch of resistors encased in resin and attaches to the contacts on a later model water tank. I read over at Westfalia.org the theoretical connections.. the bottom contact on the tank goes to the negative pole, the green wire on this sensor goes to the top contact, the yellow to the middle, the white to the next. Unfortunately they don't describe the connection back to the LED panel or how the hell the system might actually work. And i  don't have a copy of the Bentley manual wiring schematic. My hunch, that the black wire that loops out of the sensor connected back to the LED panel, was wrong.

Could someone who has this style of sensor please take a picture of the connections for me, or describe them in detail ? It must live in the "secret" electrical compartment right next to the water tank (which the water filler pipe goes through) as the wires are only 6 inches long

Here is a picture of the style of water tank showing the contacts:

I think the tank that goes under the rock & roll has the same connections.

Please bear in mind my panel van has a Westy kitchen retro fitted so I have had to wire from scratch - at the LED panel end there is a clear plastic connector block with 2 wires going into it ! So any help that end appreciated !

hoping someone can help out

Stefvan

Craig G View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 07 at 10:07
Cant help as per pm's but i've sent you what i have

Sent my mystery block to you today with the 'extra bit' that runs up to the led panel,this has obviously been cut off at the bed end

Remember - leave the green wire where it  is (you'll know what i mean when you get it!) because thats how it was connected...couldnt  get the spade connector off

Not much help i know...sorry
Stefvan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 07 at 19:52

Well a big thanks to Craig for helping me to figure this out. The black wire is spare and isn't used. From the bottom the wiring is:

4 - to negative      3 - White          2- Yellow       1 (Top Contact) - Green. There is a wire that piggybacks off this contact

and leads back to the LED panel, where it joins up with the Green wire there.

all working bar the fridge light.. figure that one out next !

Stefvan

Edited by Stefvan
Joker_Club View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 07 at 20:09

see the Joker manual at the top of the Westy forum, it shows how/what all the LEDS are supposed do and to light up as and when

Sunny Lancs
 Post Reply Post Reply