The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just drove 4851km in my van ALL 6 VIDEOS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
traversd View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
backlit splinter sack!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote traversd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 11 at 13:23
Originally posted by riversong riversong wrote:

We are thinking of touring france next year, however i prefer an organised adventure!...

Do it...sketch out a general route, picking out your 'must see' spots and then plan no more than that...cos you will keep finding places that you want to stay longer at....Done 3 Rounds of Different bits of France now....it's good.Smile
Vanfest 2011 - Skittles Vodka
Camperjam 2011 tug n chug team
Camperjam 2013 - Lost to the Bodybuilders, but delivered in a Syncro
Tough Mudder - Fried Piggy For - Charity

So, Rae is a girl then yeah.
Holydiver View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Baxters Chocolate Star Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holydiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 11 at 13:23

Jed

That looks ace, just emailed the Mrs to say this is what we have to do. You take some cracking photo's too.

Stacey View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Tracie "Poo Poo" Magoo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 11 at 13:26
I really want to do that but lack of funds and being scared I'll break down worries me.

Plus I'd no doubt be on my own too
I sell cars and campers.
www.qualitycarsuk.co.uk
~And I like filth, ginger people, drunk Welsh people and fingering food
traversd View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
backlit splinter sack!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote traversd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 11 at 14:52
Originally posted by Stacey Stacey wrote:

I really want to do that but lack of funds and being scared I'll break down worries me.

European Roadside Assistance and a Girly mate...go to it Big smile

riversong View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riversong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 11 at 15:12
Originally posted by traversd traversd wrote:

We are thinking of touring france next year, however i prefer an organised adventure!...

Do it...sketch out a general route, picking out your 'must see' spots and then plan no more than that...cos you will keep finding places that you want to stay longer at....Done 3 Rounds of Different bits of France now....it's good.Smile

We love the Countryside, taking the bikes and seeing the sights....find a nice little vineyard and stock up on the local vino... sounds like a plan to me....
Stacey View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Tracie "Poo Poo" Magoo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 11 at 15:33

I'd go if Tony was coming and we were going with people who knew where they were going

I sell cars and campers.
www.qualitycarsuk.co.uk
~And I like filth, ginger people, drunk Welsh people and fingering food
riversong View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riversong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 11 at 16:08

I'd go if Tony was coming and we were going with people who knew where they were going

More exciting going it alone (granted i would never go without my partner) however nothing more fun than meeting new people,

It gets boring when you plan a huge group trip, you tend to confine yourself to the dynamics of the group,... a bit like the endless shows, how many of you venture outside the 'brickies arms' and interact with the other campers?... seen it time and again, you wander past the club camping sections which are practically segregated....

camperdog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camperdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 11 at 16:26
i cant wait to do a eurotrip next year with the dogs, done one before, from rugen, the german island all the way down, but in a car and tent..

have a diesel LT35 now, so wanting to use that next year.

traversd View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
backlit splinter sack!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote traversd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 11 at 17:09

a bit like the endless shows, how many of you venture outside the 'brickies arms' and interact with the other campers?... seen it time and again, you wander past the club camping sections which are practically segregated....

Totally different...I go there to seek out the Brickies!!, meet the old, and say hello to the new.....

jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 11 at 18:22

a bit like the endless shows, how many of you venture outside the 'brickies arms' and interact with the other campers?...
 Italic

Confused and when have you ever come to the shows with us to be able to comment?

the answer is never so how the hell do you think you know what we do when camping?

its quite a supposition for someone who has never actually camped with us.

Edited by jason k - 05 Sep 11 at 18:24
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

seasider284 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seasider284 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 11 at 18:41
Absolutely amazing photos Jed, looks like you and yours had a great adventure. Your lad'll never forget that trip.
Glad yer van didn't give you (much) grief too, it's what they're made for innit ?
 I'm now gonna print the photos out and show them to my van in the hope it'll coax it back to life and give it the courage to get back on the road and off my bloody drive !

Canada LT28 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 11 at 18:53
I am so jealous, you guys can get all different scenery and cultures within a days drive. This content is too fucking big, you have to plan your life around trips. Not that I hate it here but there is a lot to be said for your part of the planet. Good on ya Jed.
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Slow and built to stay that way
87 T3 soon to be a camper
riversong View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riversong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 11 at 19:26
Originally posted by jason k jason k wrote:

a bit like the endless shows, how many of you venture outside the 'brickies arms' and interact with the other campers?...
 Italic

Confused and when have you ever come to the shows with us to be able to comment?

the answer is never so how the hell do you think you know what we do when camping?

its quite a supposition for someone who has never actually camped with us.

Apologies, I have offended you,

I meant no malice, what I was trying to say, badly, is that the prearranged club camping, with its designated areas and themed events just come across as a little to organised and dare I say cliquey...

You are correct, I have never camped with you, and I am sure you are all lovely and welcoming,

This was just my honest opinion... No offence meant

pictonroad View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pictonroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 11 at 19:46
Trip looks AWESOME.... jealous as, was going to be doing this NOW but impending sprog got in the way...
On the South Coast....
cornish pasty View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornish pasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 11 at 16:29
Absolutely fantastic.....great photos, that's living life as it should be lived.
Looking forward to the videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjPhopki9sQ&sns=fb
Reco View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 11 at 17:17
Looks like a brilliant trip  and your van looks the nuts! - must get out more!

Great pics ...but someone seems to have taken a leak in your bong...LOL

Edited by Reco - 06 Sep 11 at 17:22
92 syncro rhd 2.1 pop-top
90 syncro rhd aaz pick up
jed the spread View Drop Down
PROBATION
PROBATION
Bullshitter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jed the spread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 11 at 20:06
Here is part one of a series of videos I am going to make of our trip for those that like to watch them.

jed
[URL=http://www.whatatool.com[/URL]

My real name is Jarrod Walsh my number is 07940177101 or email Jed@campervanCulture.com for enquiries.
SimonsideResident View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonsideResident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 11 at 20:42
Van(with roadside eurorecovery), wallet,road atlas, phrase book(s), fist full of €s, passport, set yourself away. After your first trip there`s no looking back! 
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 11 at 21:06

i'll come with you

LOL

awesome trip Jed.

Once im tired of the amazing places in the UK i'd love to do something like this

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
radman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 11 at 21:16
VIDEOThumbs UpClapThumbs Up

Looking forward to part II etc
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>