The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > South African T3s
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Immobilser remote

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinpe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Immobilser remote
    Posted: 08 Mar 13 at 09:34

Both my remotes have given up.

Every time we get in the alarm goes off until we disable it, which is annoying the neighbours.

One works but the battery only lasts a day, the other doesn't work at all.

The dealers don't have replacements.

Does anyone know if I can buy online or get the ones I have repaired or can I get one off another vehicle re programmed

I am in Port Elizabeth

Tour and safaris in South Africa
Wychall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wychall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 13 at 11:03
I have had a similar dilemma in that I only have one remote. I checked with VW, no go. I then located the ecu for the alarm and discovered that it was a Conlog which is SA specific and the company no longer deals with vehicle alarms so no joy there.

I have, just yesterday, received one of these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Multi-Frequency-4-Channel-Cloning-Remote-Control-Duplicator-433-868-315-418-MHz-/271160074968?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f226662d8

I was full of doubt whether it would be any good, but it immediately recognised my remote frequency, cloned to it and now provides a far stronger signal than the original. Where I previously had to lay the remote against the window to get it to operate, it now operates from a couple of metres away. It therefore comes with my full recommendation.

Hope this helps you.

Welcome to the club, post up particulars for your vehicle and preferably somes pics.
South African 1991 2.5i 5cyl Microbus - virgin, not campered - piloted by Brian.
colinpe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinpe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 13 at 19:09
That was very quick, many thanks. I have ordered 2 and they are on the way.

I will post some photos, it is a 2002 2.3 which was towards the end. I bought it from Avis 9 years ago and it has now done 242,000 kms

It works hard taking guests to our local game reserves, mainly Shamwari and Pumba and also to the Addo National Park.

It copes very well on the gravel roads.

The biggest problem is getting spares. VW have hardly anything but I have found the Van Cafe in California to be very good.
Tour and safaris in South Africa
mucho View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mucho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 13 at 08:00
Hi,

On reading this post, I ordered the duplicator as recommended by Wychall. However, mine was unable to clone my original. The original still works well as long as it's operated two paces max from the van.

I tried the duplicator on a Toyota's remote and it cloned instantly. Interestingly however, it could also not clone the remote to a VW golf.

Any pointers on how I can get this to work for my t3, before the missus claims it for her Toyota ?

2.6i Caravelle 1997 powered by Audi 5 Cylinder - Motronic
Wychall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wychall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 13 at 09:21
Did you definitely get the multi-frequency one? I had tried a couple of models previously that did not work, but they were single frequency on 433 MHz. My '91 Microbus is on 315MHz.
Also, is it the original factory fit alarm or an aftermarket one? If it is aftermarket it may be using a rolling code which the clone cannot reproduce.
South African 1991 2.5i 5cyl Microbus - virgin, not campered - piloted by Brian.
mucho View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mucho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 13 at 09:40
I was sure to get the multi-frequency one, and yes my immobiliser remote is original factory fit (pic below) and not aftermarket. How can I tell what frequency mine is transmitting at ?

Wychall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wychall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 13 at 10:41
Try opening the remote and see if there is a label inside (there wasn't on mine).
Look at the control box up behind the glove box, see if that is labelled.
Find a local electronics whizz kid (radio repair, alarm technician etc) that have receiving equipment that identifies the frequency (this is what I had to do. Alarm tech offering replacement key fobs)

Incidently, your remote is different to mine so you may have a different setup.

Edited by Wychall - 02 Apr 13 at 10:42
mucho View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mucho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 13 at 07:44
thanks, I'll get round to finding out what frequency my remote is transmitting at then maybe pick it up from there. cheers.
 Post Reply Post Reply