The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hydro engine mounts are they worth it

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pugvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hydro engine mounts are they worth it
    Posted: 26 Nov 16 at 02:43
What do folk recon to hydro mounts are they worth the trouble a few on the samba seem to claim there worth it but  maybe their standard mounts were worn out 
also on a standard mount with the engine sat on them how close should the center /hub the bit the bolt goes through be to the top of the outer casing of the mount mine are almost touching would that make the van vibrate 1.9 mtdi
cheers

Scimdiesel View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scimdiesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 16 at 09:27
Not tried it.   But in my opinion most of the noise is direct.  Stuff like getting the inlet tract right has made the biggest difference to mine.   Rev the engine with the lid off and it is loud.   No amount of damping will alter that.  I have covered the whole engine hump with silentcote type sick on sound prooofing, also in the rear door (needed stronger gas struts after), up the air intake pillars,   and in the inside of the panels side and door panels had made a difference.    I've only done the panels one at a time usually if i have the panel off do so something else.   No big changes but I think each change has been incremental. 

If i though hydro mounts would make it worth while quieter i'd do it.   But i'm not convinced.   

At low revs pulling hard the coinchange on the dash rattles and it is sign I probably should change down and its probably not doing the g-box any good.    I think a lot of that vibration is via the gear linkage rather than the engine direct.

Without engineers science is just philosophy..... Joined the revolution with a 18 year old TDI :
pugvan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pugvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 16 at 01:41
thanks Scimdiesel like you i am not convinced either but some on the samba recon it makes a big difference but question is were there standard mounts toast hence my other question should the center part of the mount bit the bolt goes through be nearly resting on the top of the mount casing or is that when its time to change 
cheers  
ye i know my spelling stinks
but youl still be ugly in the morning
 Post Reply Post Reply