The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How low can you go :)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 16vmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 11 at 08:35
will try today , stupid me i forgot to messure before lowering ...

Matt
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 11 at 09:50
it will settle slightly from there in a week or two.

lee my old cali was on -50 mm avos with no issues whatsoever
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 11 at 11:56
jase i know your old van was sweet but i intend to run an unusual wheel tyre set up. Wink, so having the arch height will help me to work out if its going to be possible.Thumbs Up
it`s a big round cage but there`s too many animals in it for my liking.to address this ring lee on 07977 765818.
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 11 at 22:38
Hey mathew, my std westy measures 435mm rear and 425mm front. It's an air cooled van though.
it`s a big round cage but there`s too many animals in it for my liking.to address this ring lee on 07977 765818.
16vmini View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 16vmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 11 at 18:06

still no welding , but had time to fit my porsche twists , which started off as a bargin find , and turned into another money pit , using brickwerks adaptors , they are VERY costly , but the fit was perfect , no wheel wobble , not fetterling .. just stright on ..

still need to source some centre caps , but this is what it looks like on 17inch Porsche twists. :

hope you like

Matt

Edited by 16vmini - 15 Jan 11 at 18:10
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 11 at 18:10
sitting sweet matt, dont suppose you could measure from the wheel centre to arch lip for me and what size tyres are they. cheers lee.
16vmini View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 16vmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 11 at 18:11
DOH ! , will do mate.
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 11 at 19:04
Originally posted by 16vmini 16vmini wrote:

still no welding , but had time to fit my porsche twists , which started off as a bargin find , and turned into another money pit , using brickwerks adaptors , they are VERY costly , but the fit was perfect , no wheel wobble , not fetterling .. just stright on ..

Yeah, there are cheaper adaptors, but these are the only ones anywhere which tick every box for a T3.

I think the H&R Merc ones retail at about £145 a pair, but then need machining to get them over the front hubs.

They would be cheaper without the extra machining for the drum bolts, without the anodising and without the pressed studs (even the studs are a non standard length which are perfect for Porsche wheels)... but then they would be an average product

Looking good though!

Clap

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
JonnyAtlantic View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonnyAtlantic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 11 at 22:58
Really nice, love the Porsche twist look.

Any issues with the twists/brickwerks adapters and the sliding door?
1990 Westfalia Atlantic 1.6TD - Pop Top
16vmini View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 16vmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 11 at 10:35
Originally posted by JonnyAtlantic JonnyAtlantic wrote:

Any issues with the twists/brickwerks adapters and the sliding door?

well , take into account my sliding door is rusty , and rear wheels 8.5" et50

my door just skims /touches alloys .. alloy my rear slider is worn and i can pull my door about at the bottom by half inch ... if i do that it misses.

if the adaptors where 20mm i reckon there would be no problems at all.

they way the adaptors are made its going to be tricky to machine them down

i will source a new door and see how it goes for then , for now i have just bent the bottom of my door a little to clear , as its rusy as hell anyway

Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12