The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Wheel help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how do youfind the wheel load capacity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowboardmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how do youfind the wheel load capacity
    Posted: 08 Feb 14 at 18:08
I live in austria, im buying a set of melbers 15 " not just because they look trick but also i can fit discs to the rear and have done with those pesky drums! I drive a 2wd tintop van, converted to camper.

i have to somehow find out, for the mot

a. is the rear axle weight somewhere around 1200kg?

b. as the melbers are penta and formally made for mercs what/whereto find their loading limit.

c. for mot day i could fit a set of scorpio steels 6j 15" with the right tyre they will be inside the tolerance for the speedo reading but where to find out the scorpio loading?

you may think this is a tad pedantic but if i get the bits right they can see, then they may not delve into some other mods i haveWink

if anyone could be of assistance, id be forever grateful

mickey

crank the freeride lever
chris7ian View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris7ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 14 at 20:09
Axle weights here:
http://www.johnfreelancedesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/cara_transporter-manual_83_72to811.pdf

The wheels themselves may have their load rating stamped in the back (along with size and ET)

Edited by chris7ian - 26 Apr 14 at 20:10
 Post Reply Post Reply