The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with part (coolant system)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digiban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with part (coolant system)
    Posted: 18 Aug 16 at 12:46
Hi guys,

This is my first message ever to this forum not for lack of etiquette but because I'm in a bit of a pinch with a 1999 T4 (ABL). I would like a helping hand finding the VW part number of a cracked part which leaks coolant as soon as I pour it in, even with the engine cold. I cannot drive the van because the engine cannot hold coolant and would need to bring a mechanic to the van, which is going to cost me extra. To make it all worse, We're in the middle of a trip and two of us sleep in the van, and would really like to avoid booking hotel nights on top of the repair cost. Maybe going to the mechanic with the right reference is going to be easier if some kind soul can look it up for me.

So I'll try to describe the location. The part is about four inches big and is screwed to the right side of the engine block with two nuts, one at the top, and one at the bottom. The part is an endpoint for three hoses. One is thin and goes immediately up towards the upper part of the coolant reservoir, next to the cap, so it must be a return hose. The other two hoses are thick and one goes toward the front of the van, possibly to the radiator, and the other goes the other way, towards the back, possibly to the heating radiator in the cabin, I'm not sure.

I've attached two heavily commented photos in the hope of further clarifying.

To summarise: I would like to go to a mechanic and tell them "please order such and such part and I'll bring the van to you when you have it". Then I can start the engine, drive 50 meters to get it outside of the parking, put it on a truck and drop it at the workshop. My insurance will pay for one trip only so it would be ideal to arrange for the work to be done same day (another problem in itself) and drive away with the van fixed to avoid booking hotel rooms.

Sorry again for the "introductory" message! Hope someone can tell me what I need. I promise to follow up with how it went!

Regards,
Lund

General image:
http://imageshack.com/a/img921/7679/qdfu8U.jpg

Closeup image:
http://imageshack.com/a/img924/4003/C4ex4Q.jpg
 Post Reply Post Reply