The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heating a hightop?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickeyw92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heating a hightop?
    Posted: 06 Dec 16 at 08:12
Hi guys. Just after a bit of advice, and everytime ive needed it in the past you guys have been a great help!

Basically, ive got a hightop autosleeper. It has an eberspacher fitted in under the back seat with the vent in the kick panel. Ive wired up a gsm relay so i can call the eberspacher and it kicks in (proper james bond, i know) however, the main reason i wanted to do this was to heat the van/cab so it wasnt all frozen up. Its KINDA working, however the heat is mostly rising up into the hightop bit! Have you guys encountered this? Is there anythibg i can do to keep the heat low and en route to the dash area? Do i need to board up the roof area while im not using it

Thanks in advance
SebRogers View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebRogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 16 at 11:22
Simplest way to do this (if frost on the inside of the screen is your main concern) is to use an external thermal screen on the cab. It won't keep it warmer, but it'll reduce condensation and icing on the cab windows to practically zero).
'85 T3 Doka EJ22
'94 T4 Westy Cali Club ABT 2.4td
Mickeyw92 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickeyw92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 16 at 11:53
Hmmm. Might be a worthwhile investment. I just hoped i could use my eberspacher and get my moneys worth out of it lol!
SebRogers View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebRogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 16 at 12:48
Depends what you're trying to achieve. External screens work soooo much better than internal ones, it's worth doing just to avoid the hassle of mopping up gallons of condensation in the morning. OTOH, using your Eber to achieve the same seems to me like a bit of a sledgehammer / nut solution. IMHO Smile
'85 T3 Doka EJ22
'94 T4 Westy Cali Club ABT 2.4td
 Post Reply Post Reply