The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heater fan motor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 14 at 19:06
Same one as far as I remember, but I cannot even find it in VAGCatEmbarrassed

Our German chums.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
Widar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Widar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 14 at 19:57
LTcamper; Aweseom link. Had all the info :)

I dismantled my fan today, cleaned connectors and the resistor board looks like crap with lots of rust, but it's in one piece and give me correct enough ohms (2.0 and 3.4).

I have voltage all the way to the motor (~1 V, is this good enough or is something wrong down the way before?)
But it won't turn. It's hard to turn by hand and i think the motor is busted.

How do i dismantle the motor from the fan? 

Edited by Widar - 20 May 14 at 19:59
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 14 at 20:06
The clips come off and the motor and impeller come out as one, I think. The impeller needs to be pulled off, since it is a press fit on the splined shaft.

The Advanced Search will give you this lot, about 4-5 threads. http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/search_results_posts.asp?SearchID=20140520200001&KW=heater+fan
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
robbydoo View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 14 at 09:48
Gents I found these on ebay if they are any good to anyone? would be nice to know if they actually fit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120727786502?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

1985 LT40 2.4TD Coach built Pioneer Diamond
1983 1.9DG Autosleeper
Widar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Widar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 14 at 12:34
Originally posted by LTCamper89 LTCamper89 wrote:

The impeller needs to be pulled off, since it is a press fit on the splined shaft.
Correct. The impeller came of quite easy when i managed to hold the motor still. Now a new motor is on it's way! Thumbs Up
Widar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Widar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 14 at 19:37
Got my new blower motor from Latvia, 30 GBP, thanks ebay!

Now the fan works like a charm on all speeds! Thumbs Up
thal View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 14 at 10:14
replaced mine with blower from a freelander swapped the fan onto the motor and glued in thebody into the casing.
2.4 td high top home conversion And2.4td LWB high top van
Veeagra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veeagra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 16 at 10:50
My heater fan had stopped working so I asked the mechanic to take it out when the van went if for a service. He said the motor was gone but when I tested it on a 12v circuit at home it worked fine so he put it back in. 

It worked fine for a few months but now has gone again. We had -15 degrees over here a few weeks ago and it stopped working. Sometimes if I give the heater box unit a whack it starts up again but now it seems to have stopped completely. 

Is this most likely the motor that has gone? Is there any other likely cause?

Cheers,
Jim.
Veeagra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veeagra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 16 at 11:12
Just to follow up, I put the fan on again and gave the box a whack with a Haynes manual (the first time I've ever used one to fix something!) and it started up again. I did sound a bit rattly and wheezy. I turned the switch off and back on again and it didn't start up again. 
I'm starting to think the motor has had it afterall but all opinions gratefully received.
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 16 at 11:20
Almost certainly the brushes which you can replace cheaply.
At the same time scrape out a bit of the insulation between the segments, as the copper will have worn down over the years.
LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 A/C Camper 98K,1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1998 Audi A6 Est 2.5 V6 diesel 127k

Roger View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 16 at 15:46
I disassembled my heater fan motor, cleaned the shaft and bearings which got it working fine again.  If the fan stalls be sure to turn it off.  We think this is what caused the fire which totalled James' Florida.
1989 LT31 Florida 2.4TD
Ty Modur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ty Modur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 16 at 20:20
Thanks for this post, I followed the RS link but it was expensive, I found it on ebay for £45 the motor has part number 0130007027 / 0130007305, search on the number and it will say that it is for a merc, but I can confirm that it is the same motor, fits perfectly works great.   Cant locate spring pins so I used cable ties between the magnets. Resistor pack is out of stock at the moment but it will run at full blast with out it. For any one else.....

Cheers fella @gotmyheatingback
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123