The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hdmi / scart help please.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hdmi / scart help please.
    Posted: 18 Dec 11 at 13:42
missus h just bought a dvd / blue ray player but we need to convert fron hdmi to scart and we`re not sure whats needed.

only thing i can find is this ???

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-UE40B80 ... 803&sr=8-1

any help greatly welcome. Ta. lee
it`s a big round cage but there`s too many animals in it for my liking.to address this ring lee on 07977 765818.
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 11 at 13:50
im not sure its that simple to be honest... Scart only carries analogue signals whereas HDMI is digital

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 11 at 13:56
just looking around, there doesnt seem to be much out there.

There are HDMI to Component Video but not particularily cheap options (£60-70).

Im guessing you have a TV with only Scart inputs? Might be time to look at a cheap HD Tv?
Certainly if youre going to be viewing BluRay on that new player

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
energysolutions View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 11 at 14:00
I assume you require this converter because your TV does not have HDMI connections (only Scart)?

I`m doubt if there is anything on the market to do what you require, there are Scart to HDMI converters but they covert in the wrong direction, ie:

Scart output (low quality) > HDMI/Scart Converter > HDMI connection to TV (which has been upscaled to high quality)

What you`re potentially trying to do is the reverse, ie:

HDMI output (High quality from Blu Ray) > HDMI/Scart Converter > Scart connection on TV (low quality)

Only two possible solutions if you wanna connect via HDMI to the Blu Ray player, either buy a converter and hope for the best (although I`m doubtful of the outcome) or speculate on a new TV with HDMI connections - it truly is worth it for the difference in picture qualityBig smile

HTH

!!Never Eat Yellow Snow!!
Nev View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 11 at 14:04
Yes indeed, there wasn't much point buying a blueray if your only going to watch it through scart!
You need to use HDMI to get the best viewing, that and a HD TV.

They not that expensive now either you can pick up a half decent HD TV for a couple hundred quid! 
A fool and his money are easily parted! Especially when the fool owns a T3
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 11 at 14:10
ok thanks guy`s been wanting a new tv for ages just waiting to get the work on the house finished. looks like the missus forced my hand.

thanks again lee.
it`s a big round cage but there`s too many animals in it for my liking.to address this ring lee on 07977 765818.
 Post Reply Post Reply