The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

grommit, offside rear wheel arch-wotisit?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charliem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: grommit, offside rear wheel arch-wotisit?
    Posted: 31 Dec 07 at 19:02

Hi,

There's a large oval grommit in offside rear wheel arch (behind panels). Can be seen from inside, just to the front of sunroof drain channels. Any idea what it is for?

I'm trying to set my van up for camping (but in a removable way), and I'd every intention of putting stove/sink on nearside so the hole in the bottom was away from exhaust. I gather from another thread people tend to put gas on offside - but well forward so away silencer etc, but I've seen conversions with them on nearside. As I have second row seats (removable, but I need to use them) fixed units will be at rear, so gas vent to bottom much better on near side than directly above exhaust on offside. Sink would also be on nearside

That grommit would have saved another drill hole as I'd like to be able to throw a tank outside when camped up for a week or so at summer - but there isn't a grommit on nearside. I was just wondering what it was for in the first place.

Guess I could drill a hole the side I want it anyhow... paint round with rush inhibbiting paint, and put a grommit with strain relief through (like ones used for sunroof drain channel). I wonder where I can get those from...

Edited by charliem
 Post Reply Post Reply