The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Good campsite near Millennium Stadium - Cardiff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Good campsite near Millennium Stadium - Cardiff

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayvelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good campsite near Millennium Stadium - Cardiff
    Posted: 25 Jun 12 at 21:25
Anyone know any good campsites near to the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff?

Got some Olympic tickets for the Football there and would be nice to take the camper rather than use hotel etc.

Cheers
Piledriver View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piledriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 12 at 21:32
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 12 at 22:06
hes not wrong. great site
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

paulj View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 12 at 05:05
^ I agree - Good site, and within walking distance of the centre of Cardiff.
Pugwash View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pugwash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 12 at 15:11
That site is a ten minute walk from my house - basically the Millennium Stadium is between the site and The Black Pig.  I've used it on a number of occasions, when we've had friends staying, and also when the kids have wanted a quick night away but time hasn't been on our side - it truly does validate the statement that you don't need to go far in a campervan to keep the kids happy.

The site is clean and tidy, great facilities, and the staff are amazingly helpful.  I thoroughly recommend it. 

Let us know when you're about, and I'll pop some cold beers in the fridge and you'd be very welcome to call round for a swift couple before you go to the stadium for the game.  I'm not sure which gate you're in, but if it's the one closest to out front door, you can be there and in your seat in 8 minutes Big smile  Unless you're a lardy-arsed Pugwash with enough beer in him to drown a giraffe, in which case you can multiply that figure by a factor of about 20 LOL
Pugwash - Layin' in the gutter, starin' at the stars....
Pearls of Welsh wisdom can be obtained on 07564 714678
caron666 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'M NOT A BIRD, HONEST!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caron666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 12 at 16:33
Well i never knew that existed! Only been here 10 years, but to be honest i struggle to get past the pub at the end of the road!
If it's got tits or wheels sooner or later you're going to get problems.
light View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote light Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 12 at 20:59
Rover way camp is where it`s at
bayvelle View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayvelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 12 at 21:04
Good work chaps thanks for the heads up on that site, looks good.
bayvelle View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayvelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 12 at 19:49
Right things gone tits up on booking the Sophia gardens site.  Anyone know for anything else close by??

Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 12 at 20:14
Guessing you've checked these Darren?
bayvelle View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayvelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 12 at 20:35
Originally posted by Steve B Steve B wrote:

Guessing you've checked these Darren?

Nice one Steve.  Forgot all about Olympic tickets and then i thought the Mrs had sorted where we were staying! Big mistake, lol.
Beetroot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beetroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 12 at 22:28
Thorn hill farm is fairly close to Lisvane railway station so you can have a drink- nice farm shop too!
1989 Florida lt28 2.4 Deisel

KrustyJack
 Post Reply Post Reply