The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VR6 or 20v turbo....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VR6 or 20v turbo....
    Posted: 24 Sep 20 at 17:20
right I am starting to look into engine conversions for the DOKA. I have had it almost 11 years and its time for a change . I'm leaning to either a VR6 or 20v turbo, i have a gti powered camper and have had an Audi 5 in a panel van and want something different. so ...
Virtually all the information I have managed to find so far seems to be build threads that revolve around photo bucket and so have no photos. can anyone point me in the direction of any useful information on fitting either of these?
cheers
Lits View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 20 at 21:43
Cool doka Cool there is a page on the samba forum, if you type samba 1.8t conversion on Web it'll come up. Lots of pictures and info on there.
Also a group on facebook vw T3 1.8t conversion.
I'd go 1.8t great engine, readily available too in a lot of different vehicles.

Don't start what you can't finish!
booted View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 20 at 08:31
Cheers

booted View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 20 at 17:14
1.8t is the way to go I think, but struggling to find much info as most build threads have lost their photos with the demise of photobucket.
If anyone has any links it would be a great help.

so far it looks like upright is preferable to 50 deg mounting

are there any pros or cons to any particular engines other than the power? I know that the AEB & ATW are not drive by wire,

What about clutch and flywheels which ones are used ? I'm assuming the !>*t ones are not compatible with a T3 gearbox?

My DOKA has a 1Z diesel engine so are any of the derv bits of use?
 Post Reply Post Reply