The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T3 1.6TD Automatic?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave.arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T3 1.6TD Automatic?
    Posted: 06 Sep 20 at 19:05
Looking through a list of engine and transmission options there were when the T3/T3 was in production, I came upon references for a 1.6TD Automatic. The transmission code was NM.

https://www.t3-infos.de/images/T3-Getriebe.pdf

I believe I read somewhere that this was a combination used in Germany for taxis. Im in Canada, and we never had 1.6TD imported at all. Im hoping that someone in the group has some knowledge.

So why do I want to know? Well the transmission itself, the venerable 090 automatic is quite common, but if the JX was spliced to an automatic transaxle... that would be news. The gasoline automatic can be made to connect to an inline gas/diesel engine, Kennedy makes an adapter and flex plate, I'm sure other do to.

I was just wondering that if such a combination was produced, what did they use for a transaxle?
busbart View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 21 at 19:17
As far as I know they used a Passat auto gearbox, and it seemed that these were quite unreliable in the T3 van
Thanks, Bart
 Post Reply Post Reply