The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seats LT 2005

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JockyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seats LT 2005
    Posted: 25 May 20 at 15:30
VW LT 2005 MK II [1996-2006] Bus 2.8 TDI Bus 2799ccm 158HP 116KW (Diesel).

Hi; my LT is 200 miles away and I have had 2 months of enforced idleness when I could have been working on her....
As I can't access the bus or my favourite Lithuanian scrappies just now, I can't take measurements, so my question is this....
What seats are a good fit for a pre-2006 LT/Sprinter box?
Nowt wrong with the ones I have, but they're a bit.... utilitarian.... for the long road trips.
I have heard SAABs are good donors?

Any pointers, suggestions, warnings welcome.

Jocky B
tellytubby View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tellytubby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 20 at 17:50
I have Saab seats in mine.  All leather and cheap for the breakers.

You will need to fabricate seat rails for them and make careful measurements as I found they will need to be raised from the mounting boxes to be comfortable for me.

TT
JockyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JockyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 20 at 20:06
Thanks TT..... SAAB was a name that has come up before...how were they for width?
Jocky B
tellytubby View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tellytubby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 20 at 22:23
I have two singles up front and they are fine.

Because they are electric in hindsight I would have fitted them to opposite sides so that the seat controls are in the middle. They are a bit close to the door cards as fitted - not a big deal and I'm in not going to the bother of changing them now.

The Saab seats were an easy choice for me as I've had Saabs for over 20 years and love the seats anyway.

TT
JockyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JockyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 20 at 00:37
Oh yeah, had 900s, 9000s, 95, 93.... don't know how I still have a license.... Never had a car I loved as much as a SAAB!
Aeroplanes without wings.
JB
 Post Reply Post Reply