The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stolen van in Rome was found 8 months later

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ottoMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stolen van in Rome was found 8 months later
    Posted: 10 May 20 at 15:39
Hi guus, it's been a while since last visited the forum.

There is a good reason that I returned now. Last year, in August, our LT was stolen in Rome, while on holiday (what a holiday that turned out to be !).

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I received a letter from the Interpol in which I was informed that my van was recovered by the Italian police and that I can recover it from a certain police station in Rome. I was given an email address and a phone number from that station, which would allow me to get more details (suposedly).

I tried a couple of emails, but got no response. I called, but nobody was speaking english. I asked a friend who speaks a little Italian to call, but she couldn't get much details out of them. We don't know what state the van is in, what damage is to it, etc. I would like to arrange transport to bring it back to the UK on a trailer, but first of all I want to know what state the van is in - if it still has wheels at least so that it can actually be loaded on a trailer, for example. For this I neee someone to see it and give me more details - due to the current situation I can't just fly to Rome and assess the situation myself.

So, long story short - anyone knows somebody in Rome who could help with this ? That somebody would have to go to the police station, see the van, get as many details as possible and tell me what the situation is exactly. After that I can arrange delivery.

Any help much appreciated, if you're from Rome, know somebody in Rome or just spread the word.

Thank you,
Patrick
1980 Pop Top LT28 2.0 Petrol converted by Karroseriefabrik Voll von Wurzburg
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 20 at 10:39
Watch out it's not some kind of scam designed to get money from you, them not replying to emails sounds a warning to me.
KrisG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrisG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 20 at 10:51
If you can link the phonenumber to a police station in Rome from another source, it could rule out the scam ?
Regards,
Kris
ottoMan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ottoMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 20 at 07:08
It's not a scam, the phone number and email address are public on the internet, linked to that police station. Anyway, found someone in Rome on the group on FB, we'll see how it goes with recovering the van. Thanks, guys.
1980 Pop Top LT28 2.0 Petrol converted by Karroseriefabrik Voll von Wurzburg
 Post Reply Post Reply