The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LT1 Colant hoses

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LT1 Colant hoses
    Posted: 21 Apr 20 at 19:31
Have you ever gone throug the coolant hoses?
I am at the end of my 2,5TDI conversion, (i hope it is the beginning of the end and not end of the beginning….)
I am sorting out the dimentions of the hoses, bot the New AAT and old DW engine. on the DW engine there are 5 going out of the engine and 4+1, out of the coolant reservoir. The +1 is that it is bolted directly to the radiator, so noe hoses conecting them.
Al hoses are different dimentions in each end of the hose, so if you burst one, the only place to get a new one is VW classic parts, and they cost $$$$ and takes time.(Exempt the one to the oil cooler on turbo engines, thatyou could get from Brickwerks.) one hose splits in two and on another 2 are going together.
It looks like i am able to use the one from the thermostat to the radiator, exempt for that, i have to buy every thing New + to and from the intercooler+ from the airfilter.
I will propably buy the hoses from Do88, as it seems they have every thing i need. I am afraid i will end up around 300-400£ for al the hoses and pipes.
87 Karmann LT L 2,4D. 89 T3 Syncro Reimo 1,9TD. 2000 T4 Caravelle TDI
 Post Reply Post Reply