The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2.5 ACV Pump timing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Packman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2.5 ACV Pump timing
    Posted: 02 Apr 20 at 14:08
Hi there people ...just done the cambelt and pump beft on my 98 T4 102hp .... has someone got the exact position the pump pulley needs to be ?  its running and ive got it up on VC but when i let off at a junction the engine dies ... thinks i may need more advance ... looking for about 55 i understand ... Smile 
Packman View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Packman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 20 at 22:28
Ok so ive sorted the pump pulley position and its running ... it drives great with very little smoke and is showing about 38-57 in the 2nd window on the measuring blocks when upto temp. 

But it does not start well at all once left for 30 mins or so plus if i go onto the graph there is no yellow line showing were the timing should be set saying "its to retarded" thats odd as its showing in the window but not on the graph ???

Will advance it a tad in the morning and see what that does unless someone has any other ideas ??? 
 Post Reply Post Reply