The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT2 and sprinter forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Engine temp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornwall87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine temp
    Posted: 03 Mar 20 at 12:34
Hello again, I'm trying to do the tdi timing with vcds but I never seem to get above 60c would this be a sensor or possibly thermostat? Even after 90 miles with big up hills I don't get near 80c
Thanks yet again 
Simon 
SWB VW LT 28 2.5TDI
tellytubby View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tellytubby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 20 at 18:30
If you have an auxiliary water pump check the vacuum pipe is connected and in good nick.  Guess how I know this can cause exactly those symptoms Wink

TT
mojo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 20 at 21:46
Dodgy stat also,  they can rust and stick open. How does your coolant and tank look?
2006 LT35 TDI 109 AVR
Cornwall87 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornwall87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 20 at 22:12
The coolant is disgusting, it needs flushing but I don't want to drop rusty water out and stain the floor under me.
Possibly a stat and some antifreeze is needed then.
This van is a nightmare!!
SWB VW LT 28 2.5TDI
mojo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 20 at 22:47
A controlled drain into a bucket, should be a port by the drain screw on the rad, attach a piece of hose and keep things clean.
Stat and coolant is cheap enough.... she will repay you, all this love and pennies you putting in lol

2006 LT35 TDI 109 AVR
 Post Reply Post Reply