The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

t5 2.5L starting problem fixed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: t5 2.5L starting problem fixed
    Posted: 27 Feb 20 at 20:55
i bought my t5 2.5L 130bh 7 years ago and for 6 of those years have had an intermittent start fault most mornings, i have been trailing the forums for clues after countless garages have tried most of the usual fixes to no avail. for example the fuel draining back, the camshaft, the injectors, most people know the issues and have probably done the same as me. anyway after six years of poking around under the bonnet last week cleaning the engine i noticed the wires going to the cam sensor looked loose so i removed the cam sensor, the cam sensor had a little damage and has never shown a fault on the diagnostics. so ordered a new one and at last my van is fixed. hope this info helps someone as its a cheap fix at £36
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 20 at 01:39
Good to know.  Thanks for adding to the 2.5L knowledge base Thumbs Up
Charlie Dog View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 20 at 08:51
Originally posted by jockey jockey wrote:

i bought my t5 2.5L 130bh 7 years ago and for 6 of those years have had an intermittent start fault most mornings, i have been trailing the forums for clues after countless garages have tried most of the usual fixes to no avail. for example the fuel draining back, the camshaft, the injectors, most people know the issues and have probably done the same as me. anyway after six years of poking around under the bonnet last week cleaning the engine i noticed the wires going to the cam sensor looked loose so i removed the cam sensor, the cam sensor had a little damage and has never shown a fault on the diagnostics. so ordered a new one and at last my van is fixed. hope this info helps someone as its a cheap fix at £36

Thanks Jock :o)
 Post Reply Post Reply