The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DG Valve rocker settings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DG Valve rocker settings
    Posted: 24 Feb 20 at 08:40
Morning Gents....

So it appears the wife has re-enrolled me back into the T3 club by buying herself a basket case for me to 'do up' for those get away weekends when we don't want to go in a fully kitted out LT40 coach build(Jesus Christ)…..

It's a few years since I've had one so a little rusty, (no where near as much as the bag of rust in the garage)……….

I have ordered a set of valve adjustment screws as the others a little worn (knackered)…...am I correct in saying, cold engine...wind the adjusters in until they touch the valve and then a further 2 full turns?...…

I have done a brief search on here but I'm a believer of conversation rather than just searching.....

Thanks in Advance
1985 LT40 2.4TD Coach built Pioneer Diamond
1983 1.9DG Autosleeper
akciddento View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
Turbo Nutter B*st*rd

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akciddento Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 20 at 15:16
depending on the engine things will be different

for a petrol WBX (codes DG, DJ, MV, SS and possibly some others) I believe they all have hydraulic adjusters - so the above is spot on - this puts a little pre-load on the adjusters and the tappets (lifters) adjust themselves over time. 
but the top end screw adjusters are worth checking every so often

Edited by akciddento - 12 Jun 20 at 15:27
akciddento.com         let's drag race the bus....

weblog, tech articles, movies, shop, stupidity
 Post Reply Post Reply