The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1977 LT28 Engine swap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MRG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1977 LT28 Engine swap
    Posted: 17 Feb 20 at 08:01
Have to change my 2,0 petrol engine in LT.

Can someone please help what engine that is easy swap without huge modification.
Has to be petrol.

Can 1,8 - 2,0 Audi and VW engines from the 90's be used?
F.eks Golf MK3? 

Buss Marius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 20 at 22:16
I wish i knew. At VW there are one engine to gearbox bolt pattern for 2-3-4 syl and one for 5 and more syl engines. However i am not shure if this is correct for the 2,0 4 syl engine in the LT.
I am in the prosess of installing a 5syl TDI from a Audi A6, in my -87 LT. The 2,4 Diesel leans 27 degrees to the right, and the same did the engine in the Audi. The engine in Your LT i think, leans 5 degrees to the right. If the bolt patern fits 4 syl engines, you can fit anny 4 syl. Another option is a Volvo engine and volvo gearbox. Actualy almost every 4pot engine With a Rwd tranny can be installed.
Do you have a LPG Conversion, since you want a petrolengine?
Might a 2,0 petrol from a T4 be a good option?
87 Karmann LT L 2,4D. 89 T3 Syncro Reimo 1,9TD. 2000 T4 Caravelle TDI
 Post Reply Post Reply