The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manual sliding door central locking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0161coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Manual sliding door central locking
    Posted: 15 Feb 20 at 18:18
Hi

Any idea how I troubleshoot my manual sliding door? 

The central locking isn't working on that door (only  - all the others are fine) and there is no sound or sign of life from that actuator. Is it possible to test that there is a signal arriving at the 3 pin door connector?

I did notice that when I turned the ignition on for the last couple of days I get a faint central locking sound from somewhere behind me - I just though I'd accidentally pressed the button as I turned the key - now I'm not so sure!

Thanks in anticipation.
Charlie Dog View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 20 at 07:46
Originally posted by 0161coop 0161coop wrote:

Hi

Any idea how I troubleshoot my manual sliding door?  Yeah :o)
Take the door panel off
Oil the actuator.
Wiggle the mechanism gently.
Try the central locking switch.

Repeat above until it locks unlocks every time.
If you get fed up trying
give up and 
report back.

The central locking isn't working on that door (only  - all the others are fine) and there is no sound or sign of life from that actuator. Is it possible to test that there is a signal arriving at the 3 pin door connector?

I did notice that when I turned the ignition on for the last couple of days I get a faint central locking sound from somewhere behind me - I just though I'd accidentally pressed the button as I turned the key - now I'm not so sure!

Thanks in anticipation.
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 20 at 12:37
I had the lock actuator  in my passenger door replaced under warranty way back when.  Do the external contacts look corroded at all (in the body or on the door at the front) ?
Charlie Dog View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 20 at 13:56
Originally posted by gregozedobe gregozedobe wrote:

I had the lock actuator  in my passenger door replaced under warranty way back when.  Do the external contacts look corroded at all (in the body or on the door at the front) ?

Judging by the way my cab & cill lights
went down the pan when 
I took a door / cill light out
to mend it
I reckon it's best to leave
electric connections 'til last.

I still haven't a clue how to fix that one.
 Post Reply Post Reply