The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LT1 Gear linkage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0Jay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LT1 Gear linkage
    Posted: 08 Jan 20 at 22:06
Hello all,
I have recently reconditioned the gear linkages on a couple of LT1s and the owners have
been really happy with the results which are pretty transformative considering the low cost of the parts.
It's a relatively straightforward job with most wearing parts available or easy to make on the lathe, although not all of the bellows are readily available. If the balls have disintegrated and fallen off and there has been metal to metal contact then some fettling on the bench is required.
I have a complete unit here from gearstick down to gearbox, fully cleaned and rebuilt with new bushes, balls and pins which I am happy to fit for anyone who wishes or to recondition any unit and refit if originality is important.
I am based in West Wales so please PM if I can help with your LT.
Cheers, OJ
www.ffics.co.uk
Steptop View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steptop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 20 at 00:49
Hey OJ, sounds good. DM sent
fallen in love with the LT, and I think it's going to be a long-term thing...
 Post Reply Post Reply