The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ESP and brake pad warning light

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delfhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 19 at 23:10
Thank you
4Motion 130 window van, medium roof, camper conversion.
Delfhill View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delfhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 19 at 20:18
A final update. The van was collected today and a new ABS unit fitted. No more traction control light on, but when the van was returned the brake pad warning light was still on. Previously I had bypassed both front and rear brake pad wear sensors with no effect and had checked the voltage at the rear but stupidly not at the front. Yes, you've guessed it, no voltage at the front due to a broken wire near the plug and socket. So it seems I was unlucky to get two faults within 24 hrs, firstly the brake pad warning light, then the traction control light. I just hope the first fault was in no way responsible for the second expensive fault although it seems difficult to link the two. All well now though.
A big thank you to T5 TDI for all your advice, this forum is so helpful when you need it.
4Motion 130 window van, medium roof, camper conversion.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12