The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LT Spring air spring assists.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsmepht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LT Spring air spring assists.
    Posted: 23 Sep 19 at 18:06
Hi
I have an 06 VW LT35 tdi LWB luton van coming up to 200k miles.
I have been using it to make a number of trips down past Toulouse where we have bought a place.
It manages it OK, but is very very slow up the long clinbs, with a heavy load on. Revs up in a low gear, but then dosnt have the grunt to keep going in the higher gear; so needs a change down again.
This time I have got a lot to take, and am considering fitting these air spring suspension kits:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIR-SUSPENSION-KIT-with-12V-Compressor-Volkswagen-LT35/183817081786?hash=item2acc5a13ba:g:GxEAAOSwEK9T8RgJ
Obviously these only go on the back.
Is this a good idea? Would new uprated springs be as cheap and more effective?
I can DIY the kit, but wouldnt be too keen on changing the springs. Or would simple bump stops ge better? And where do i get those?
Your thoughts will be much appreciated.
Handshake
PHT
Monster LT View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster LT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 19 at 22:20
It all depends on what you are hoping to achieve with this kit. If you are hoping to improve the LT's uphill abilities then you may as well add some go faster stripes to the side of your van and be done. Is the van sagging or is the ride too bouncy? Have you checked if your shocks are in good shape? Leafs can be re-vamped, reinforced or uprated depending on your requirements.

Edited by Monster LT - 25 Sep 19 at 00:17
LT45-TD-ACL-intercooler-4x4-1993
Monster LT View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster LT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 19 at 00:20
Originally posted by Monster LT Monster LT wrote:

If you are hoping to improve the LT's uphill abilities then you may as well add some go faster stripes to the side of your van and be done.

Sorry was thinking of the Mk1 LT. Thought the Mk2 LT's are more capable?

Edited by Monster LT - 25 Sep 19 at 00:21
LT45-TD-ACL-intercooler-4x4-1993
 Post Reply Post Reply