The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Burn marks 10.000km old pistons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burn marks 10.000km old pistons
    Posted: 14 Sep 19 at 20:08
Hello all!

My 1.6TD (JX) engine has been fully rebuild 10.000km ago but unfortunately due to a problem with one of the valves the cylinder head had to be removed again. 
When I went to the garage today I noticed that all the pistons had burn marks at the top point. The garage said that this was no problem and probably caused by the injectors..... The injectors are new and the garage will have them checked again by the provider but I'm really worried about the damage of the pistons after only 10.000km.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal and no problem as the garage tells me or are they ready for replacement again?!

I tried to attach a picture but it seems not to work for me....

Thanks, Marco

912 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 19 at 09:19
They are marks when burning of the fuel has started perfectly normal I would say , pictures would help
Marcom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 19 at 09:29
Thanks for your reaction. I would like to send the picture of the pistons but unfortunately it seems I can not attach them to the message.
Marco
 Post Reply Post Reply