The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bench seat rail - structural?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stargirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bench seat rail - structural?
    Posted: 08 Aug 19 at 16:26
Need some advice please. I have an F reg tin top with twin sliding doors.
It also has a bench seat instead of a single passenger seat, which I believe is original.
Behind the seats (where the bulkhead would be in a regular van) is a bar that spans the van. It's fully welded and painted in the original van paint.

Does anyone know - is this bar structural?...perhaps because of the twin sliders?. We were thinking of removing it to create a walk-through.

The bar does hold the back of the bench seat up - but I wasn't sure if that was its only purpose.

TIA!
912 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 19 at 22:46
It’s just there to hold the twin seat back upright
stargirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stargirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 19 at 10:46
That's one seriously over-engineered seat bracket, but good news for our plans. Thanks for your reply. 
 Post Reply Post Reply