The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ISO9141

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ISO9141
    Posted: 05 Aug 19 at 16:21
hi can anyone help me I'm on my way to Scotland and I have a ISO9141 code come up with engine management light can anyone let me know what that is thanks in advance 
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 19 at 17:20
Hi Diane, (and welcome!) The ISO 9140 isn't a fault code in itself, that is just the protocol your code reader is using to look for codes.  If the engine management light is on there should be code/s present.  Have another look with your reader in case you have missed them.  Your code reader may not be up to the job in which case any garage can check for you.  

However using that protocol you should be seeing codes starting with 'P' which are generic codes which only apply to emissions related faults.  They are not the more detailed VW specific codes but they should point you in the right direction.

You don't say the year of your van but I'm guessing it's a 2010-on 2.0 engine.  EGR (exhaust gas regulation) and DPF diesel particulate filter codes would be the most common things to put the light on on the later vans.  Have a good look at the warning light, which one does it look like?

2004 2.5 174
 Post Reply Post Reply