The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

noises coming from the front

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: noises coming from the front
    Posted: 18 Jul 19 at 19:03
Hi everyone!

Just purchased my first T3 and as I was going home I noticed very loud sound coming from the front of the car. Never heard anything like this before.. sounds like a jack hammer. I even thought at first that it was roadworks somewhere ahead Smile The noise goes on for a minute or so and then stops. I did a bit of research, and I assume that this is radiator fan kicking in when the temperature rises. But why is it so odd? I believe this isn't a normal sound that T3 makes? 

What can that be? Here is a video with the noise: https://youtu.be/LasRGo0lR9I

frag View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 19 at 20:43
That has to be something caught in the cooling fan blades,or the fan hitting it's cowling.
Lower the spare wheel if fitted,and you should be able to access the fan on rear of radiator then.
Obvious be careful as the fan is very powerful,don't have your hands anywhere near if it's likely to kick in !

Ignore everything i say,especially between 4.30 on a fri,and mon morning it`s just beer fuelled sh*te!
 Post Reply Post Reply