The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T5 Sliding door problems again ..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greggers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T5 Sliding door problems again ..
    Posted: 02 Jul 19 at 17:03

Hi guys - apologies for being an infrequent poster, but that's just how it is  Embarrassed

I've got an 05 T5 2.5 Caravelle exec, and the sliding doors are just doing the old nut in a bit..

The NS sliding 'door open' light popped up a few days ago, even though the door is tight shut, and of course the alarm is pinging all the time the van's moving..  The door motor on that side gave up a few weeks ago, and I lost patience and cut the wires on the OS  door years ago ...  The interior lights are flickering rhythmically when it's shut which suggests a dodgy connector somewhere, but the central locking still works fine..  

I've cleaned the terminals on both the door and the pillar but that hasn't helped, I've also taken the units out and checked the connectors behind - all seem fine. I've read on the interwank that bridging the middle two contacts can indicate the fault, but looking at the back of the connector only the outer pairs of the six have actually got cabling - the centre pair are redundant.

If anyone's got a suggestion for me that doesn't involve fire and an insurance claim I'd be really happy.. 

This isn't the first problem I've had with the van - it really is the gift that keeps on giving:

Wiper motor assembly failed @ 25k
Front struts failed @ 45k
Rear spring broken @ 50k
Rear units replaced @ 75k
Auto box total failure @ 132k
Camshaft failure @ 145k
injector loom replaced @ 145k
intercooler split @ 150k
replaced all boost hoses @ 150k
Exhaust manifold and turbo replaced @ 160k
TCS module embedded into ABS unit failed @162k ...

All help gratefully received!!

Greg

Be gentle - I'm a lurker coming out ...
 Post Reply Post Reply